Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Code generation building a plugin (help and advise)
icon5.gif  Code generation building a plugin (help and advise) [message #1622647] Wed, 18 February 2015 16:46 Go to next message
Francisco Dias is currently offline Francisco DiasFriend
I'm trying to create a new code generator (not really new, is a C++ code generator but for a specific framework) plugin for Papyrus, I'm trying to follow the example stated in:

wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/Codegen/Adding_a_New_Code_Generator

but I'm having troubles downloading "Papyrus Additional Components" ... it's says "is unavailable"... is anyone having the same problem?

Do you advise me to follow other tutorial? is this one outdated? is this the best approach for my need? (creating a c++ generator for state diagrams, but for a specific framework).

Thank you very much,

FD
Re: Code generation building a plugin (help and advise) [message #1622667 is a reply to message #1622647] Wed, 18 February 2015 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Francisco,

The "Additional Components" may display invalid results if:

- Your company network is behind a web proxy
- The Additional Components are already installed (The components are shown as "Not available" instead of "Already installed"), which may happen if you have used the Papyrus Extra or Papyrus Nightly update site
- Other?

You may also try to use one of the following update sites to install the Extra Components:

http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/releases/luna/extra (Papyrus 1.0.1a / Luna, latest stable release)
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/releases/mars/extra (Papyrus 1.1.0 / Mars, developer build)

When using these update sites, you should uncheck "Group items by category". Installing all extra components is usually not a good idea

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Code generation building a plugin (help and advise) [message #1623218 is a reply to message #1622667] Thu, 19 February 2015 01:27 Go to previous message
Francisco Dias is currently offline Francisco DiasFriend
Not installed and Not behind proxy Sad

but the links you gave work just fine Smile thank you a lot,

Francisco
Previous Topic:Validation error: PapyrusViewStyle
Next Topic:Examples / Samples files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:53:21 GMT 2024