Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » Public multiples topic to Mosquitto server using Paho C library(Public multiples topic to Mosquitto server using Paho C library)
Public multiples topic to Mosquitto server using Paho C library [message #1771291] Wed, 23 August 2017 17:34 Go to next message
Daniel Hernandez is currently offline Daniel HernandezFriend
Hi,
I'm trying g to public multiples topic to Mosquitto server using Paho C library and the first to topic is published OK, but when I tried the second it give me "Connect failed, rc -11".

Note: I'm using "MQTTAsync_publish.c" example as template. I have to connect and disconnect in each publication, required

Waiting for publication of test
on topic MQTT Examples1 for client with ClientID: ExampleClientPub
Successful connection
Message with token value 1 delivery confirmed
Successful disconnection

Second Topic
Waiting for publication of test2
on topic MQTT Examples2 for client with ClientID: ExampleClientPub
Connect failed, rc -11

Thanks,

[Updated on: Wed, 23 August 2017 17:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Public multiples topic to Mosquitto server using Paho C library [message #1793927 is a reply to message #1771291] Mon, 20 August 2018 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Schausberger is currently offline Alois SchausbergerFriend
Hi ,
I have the same (or a similiar problem).
I am sending very fast publish messages to the broker. 2 messages are accepted by the paho MQTT C lient (async), when I post the third message I get the the same error (-11, MQTTASYNC_OPERATION_INCOMPLETE).
Is there a limitation, how much messages the paho client can accept simultaneously?
Or is there a specific behaviour I have to observe?
Re: Public multiples topic to Mosquitto server using Paho C library [message #1795291 is a reply to message #1793927] Thu, 20 September 2018 04:28 Go to previous message
Ian Craggs is currently offline Ian CraggsFriend
There should be no problem in subscribing two or more times quickly. You should check that the MQTT broker doesn't show any errors. If it doesn't, then taking a trace of the Paho client library (see the readme for details) should help work out what is happening.

Note also that it is possible to subscribe to more than 1 topic in the same request.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 September 2018 04:31]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:C Paho Api Threading Issue
Next Topic:Wants to create multiple connections without too many threads
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:41:29 GMT 2024