Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Alternative server to download.eclipse.org
Alternative server to download.eclipse.org [message #1649566] Wed, 04 March 2015 11:41 Go to next message
Marco Iosif is currently offline Marco IosifFriend
Hi guys. I need a solution for this problem. From yesterday I try to install software from eclipse (plugins) but the server "download.eclipse.org" is soo slow (1kb/sec download) and is imposible.

My questions is:
Exists a alternative server or any method to download all plugins offline and install from local?

I need to install RSE plugin, I download this plugin from web manualy, but wheen I install them, eclipse download dependence from download.eclipse.org and never finish because is soo slown and the download crash Sad

How to fix this?

Thank you and SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH
Re: Alternative server to download.eclipse.org [message #1649714 is a reply to message #1649566] Wed, 04 March 2015 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this message to the Newcomers forum where the webmasters might see it.
Re: Alternative server to download.eclipse.org [message #1649747 is a reply to message #1649714] Wed, 04 March 2015 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Beaton is currently offline Wayne BeatonFriend
The installation process should automatically select an appropriate mirror. It could be that the bits that you're trying to download just aren't mirrored.

AFAICT, The Target Management project (the project that produces RSE) only provides downloads up to version 3.6. Their latest release version, 3.7, is only available via update site. So there is no easy download and install option.

Which version are you trying to install (or what version of Eclipse are you trying to install into)?
Re: Alternative server to download.eclipse.org [message #1649820 is a reply to message #1649747] Wed, 04 March 2015 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi. I Have already installed Eclipse for PHP Developers Luna 4.4.2. I want to install RSE plugin.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 March 2015 14:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Alternative server to download.eclipse.org [message #1649934 is a reply to message #1649820] Wed, 04 March 2015 15:34 Go to previous message
Yersterday was imposible to do anything, the server downloiad.eclipse.org was saturated, today works ok. Thanks
Previous Topic:eclipse plugin error
Next Topic:i can not instal plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:14:22 GMT 2024