Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator

66 Search Results Found
1 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 25 March 2021 08:15 «» By: Henning M
Formatter2 Line Numbers
Hello, I want to get the line number of a semantic region. Is that possible? A DSL has statements which contain the keyword "create". How can the start line be determined? hg def dispatch void format(Statement statement, extension IF...
2 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 25 March 2021 08:08 «» By: Henning M
Formatter2 Text Replacement
Hello, I want to use the Formatter2 API to replace text in a semantic region. A language has statements which contain the keyword "create". During auto format all occurrences of this keyword shall be replaced by "new". hg def ...
3 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Sat, 23 January 2021 05:19 «» By: Tamas Miklossy
Re: Dokumentation for Formatter2 API
Hello Olaf, you can find more information about the Xtext formatter2 API under: https://de.slideshare.net/meysholdt/xtexts-new-formatter-api https://blogs.itemis.com/en/tabular-formatting-with-the-new-formatter-api https://www.eclipse.org/forums/in...
4 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Fri, 22 January 2021 23:19 «» By: Olaf Bigalk
Dokumentation for Formatter2 API
The dokumentation of the formatter2 API is for me very incomplete. Is there any document discribing in detail how to write a formmatter2.
5 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Fri, 11 December 2020 12:56 «» By: Elie Richa
Re: Programmatic serialization not using formatter preferences
That helped. I noticed that FormatterPreferenceValues was not being called during my programmatic serialization. That's because I was injecting a non-annotated IPreferenceValuesProvider. Debugging a regular IDE formatting request, I found that the provider...
6 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Fri, 11 December 2020 12:05 «» By: Elie Richa
Programmatic serialization not using formatter preferences
Hello folks, I'm building model trees programmatically in an Eclipse context and serializing them with Xtext (more details here). I'm observing that serialization does indeed call my Formatter2 implementation but it seems to be not using the right fo...
7 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Tue, 04 August 2020 13:04 «» By: Georgiana Ecobici
Re: Synchronize changes from the Model to the Embedded Editor in Xtext
Thanks for the suggestion, it works fine. String serialized = ((XtextResource) domainModel.eResource()).getSerializer().serialize(domainModel); eeView.getModel().updateModel(serialized); And added a formatter2 class to format the code.
8 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Mon, 10 February 2020 18:20 «» By: Brandon Lewis
Changing Formatter2 Indentation Preferences from Tab to Spaces?
This came up at the end of another long thread of mine, so I'm starting a new thread for more clear tracking. I'm still too stupid to be able to figure out something that seems like it should be simple and seems like someone on planet earth has run into...
9 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Tue, 21 January 2020 04:13 «» By: Naveen R
Re: Keep the Grammar structure same as before saving the file
Hi, From Xtext 2.8 extend the new formatter2 class org.eclipse.xtext.formatting2 . Refer the blog - https://blogs.itemis.com/en/tabular-formatting-with-the-new-formatter-api Before Xtext 2.8 extend the formatter class org.eclipse.xtext.formatting.i...
10 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Fri, 08 November 2019 15:26 «» By: Brandon Lewis
Formatter2 - QualifiedName in Crossreference has spaces around delimiters - how to replace?
I don't want to say I'm at the last of my headaches with Formatter2, but I'm getting close. I've put off getting proper formatting of my QualifiedNames used in cross references for a while now, but now I can't put it off any longer. I have no idea wh...
11 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 24 October 2019 19:26 «» By: Brandon Lewis
Re: Formatter2 - I need a backup plan - Create DSL File With Formatted String?
If I take the default Formatter2 stub - that basically does nothing: I can copy and paste a properly formatted document and then run formatting: Right Click->Source->Format... and the formatter will leave the text alone - i.e. it will not destroy it....
12 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 24 October 2019 18:51 «» By: Brandon Lewis
If I remove the Formatter2 stub generation in my MWE workflow, will it leave my manually created formatted string alone?
13 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 24 October 2019 18:37 «» By: Brandon Lewis
For example, the slides have a straightforward debug printout access by: println(textRegionAccess) that's supposed to print out this big table. Doesn't work for me. Doesn't print to standard out and the debugger gives me that weird invocation erro...
14 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 24 October 2019 18:32 «» By: Brandon Lewis
Yes, it's a wonderful presentation. I have spent at least 3 evenings working overtime at home studying it. I average about 2 hours per append[newLine]. I don't understand why the debugger is displaying so many errors. It makes it very difficult to figure ...
15 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 24 October 2019 18:09 «» By: Brandon Lewis
Formatter2 - I need a backup plan - Create DSL File With Formatted String?
I'm programmatic creating my own DSL objects from an Eclipse Handler. I've been able to tackle the model generation and get it stored into an XtextResource, but I'm having serious issues figuring out the Formatter2. Part of this is my DSL is a YAML form...
16 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 24 October 2019 17:56 «» By: Brandon Lewis
Re: Programmatically Generate DSL Files - Head Spinning
To follow up: This worked for me: @Inject private Injector injector; @Inject private XtextResourceSetProvider provider; DslActivator.getInstance().getInjector(DslActivator.COM_COMPANY_DSL_YPXDSL).injectMembers(...
17 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Sun, 13 October 2019 21:23 «» By: Brandon Lewis
Re: Programmatically Generate DSL Files - Head Spinning
In my Eclipse plugin that is providing the menu, command, and handler, I have added this section into the plugin.xml (with the first ui.handlers extension being included for spell checking): <extension point="org.eclipse.ui.handle...
18 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Wed, 26 June 2019 15:15 «» By: Marc Now
Reorder a model via formatter2 or validation and quick fix
Hi for the first time, greetings. I want to reorder elements of a group to default (defined) order. The group is defined as an unordered group: VehicleSpec returns dpm::VehicleSpec: {dpm::VehicleSpec} '@Vehicle' ('(' ( ...
19 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 21 February 2019 13:20 «» By: ayman salah
[Formatter2] append newLine + spaces
Hi all, I am trying to achieve alignment with list opening bracket, but I can't. Here is how I am trying: Grammar: grammar org.xtext.example.mydsl.MyDsl with org.eclipse.xtext.common.Terminals generate myDsl "http://www.xtext.org/exampl...
20 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Tue, 15 January 2019 20:30 «» By: ayman salah
Formatter2 xtend classes not converted to java on Linux
Hi all, I have the following added to my mwe2: formatter = { generateStub = true generateXtendStub = true } I have 3 java classes and 2 xtend classes in the formatting2 package found under src. When I run MWE2 workflow, I see the 2 x...
21 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Tue, 25 December 2018 09:28 «» By: ayman salah
[Formatter2] unable to align list line start offsets
Hi all, I am facing an issue where I would like to align the start position of list items. I want to align the list items using spaces and not indentation, because indentation is smaller than what is required for them to be aligned. Problem occurs...
22 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Mon, 19 November 2018 16:21 «» By: ayman salah
Unable to find mydsl package literals
Hi all, I am having trouble while trying to do the following: regionFor.feature(xxxxxxxxxxxxx) within the formatter2 class. I am unable to find MydslPackage.Literals interface and I believe I have the same issue mentioned here. So, is there any o...
23 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Tue, 13 November 2018 10:24 «» By: ayman salah
[Formatter2] format action does nothing
Hi all, I have started to use Formatter2. I have checked that it binds correctly. My problem is that Ctrl+Shift+F does absolutely nothing. My mwe2 contains the following: fragment = formatting.Formatter2Fragment2 { generateXtendStub = true }...
24 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Wed, 03 October 2018 17:54 «» By: ayman salah
Using Formatter2
Hello, I am using Xtext 2.10 on Eclipse Neon 4.6.3 with JDK 8. I wanted to start using the formatter and know from past experience that the old formatter had issues and the suggestion from you guys was to use Formatter2. Now that I am using new Xt...
25 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Wed, 14 March 2018 14:08 «» By: Philip Newman
Opting to use original formatter over formatter2
I'm currently in the process of upgrading over 30 DSL's which already have formatting classes written for them. I've spent some time writing formatting2 classes and while I like the new style for formatting, I was wondering if it's possible to instead forc...
26 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 01 February 2018 12:34 «» By: Claudia Irvine
Conflicting Regions for new line
I am using Xtext 2.13 and Formatter2. I am trying to put two lines between sections. But within the section, I only want one line. Because each section can have a list of different types of items, I can't determine what will be the last list item. Therefor...
27 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Wed, 18 October 2017 15:19 «» By: Sven Karol
Re: Serialization: Indent missing at start of semantic modification
I think I face the same issue in 2.11 and 2.12: when appending new model elements to a list in a block-like structure in the way as it is described in the first post above via a quickfix, the first element is not indentated. The described workaround he...
28 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Sun, 23 April 2017 16:38 «» By: Susie Agerholm
EObject 'nature' of domain classes no longer available?
Hi, I am new to xText - so please bear with me I am trying to implement a Formatter2 in an xText project generated from an EMF... Previously I was able to use classes generated from my domain (e.g robot class below) like an EObject - like so... de...
29 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Fri, 17 February 2017 20:09 «» By: Nicolas Rouquette
Re: Problems with AbstractFormatter2 when building with gradle
I guess one workaround is to engineer the formatter2 without actually using the grammar access. For example: //annotationProperty.regionFor.ruleCall(annotationPropertyAccess.ANNOTATION_PROPERTY_TOKENTerminalRuleCall_0).append[oneSpace] annotationP...
30 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 19 January 2017 13:27 «» By: Jeroen Laverman
Formatter2 Junit test passes in Eclipse but fails in maven (Xtext 2.10.0)
Hi there, I have 3 different DSLs (A,B,C). A references elements from B; and B references elements from C. I implemented a Formatter2-based formatter + Junit-Tests for each of the DSLs. While the tests for C passes in Eclipse as well as in Maven, ...
31 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Mon, 07 November 2016 14:21 «» By: Daniel Ford
Re: [Xtext] Formatter2 usage when programmatically save Xtext resource
Ok, I'm making progress. The correct guice bindings are now being generated in the runtime project using the XtextGeneratorLanguage. I was convinced that they were not being generated, but now that is working. Who knows? Probably my mistake. Using the ...
32 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Mon, 07 November 2016 13:25 «» By: Daniel Ford
Lorenzo, thanks for the tip. BTW, I enjoyed your book, thought it was well written; better yet, I've ordered the second edition, it should be here this week. The reason I'm using XtextGeneratorLanguage instead of StandardLanguage is because the docu...
33 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Fri, 04 November 2016 20:05 «» By: Daniel Ford
Nope, I'm using Formatter2. I don't have anything in the code base written or deliberately configured for Formatter1. Dan
34 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Wed, 02 November 2016 17:53 «» By: Daniel Ford
Xtext Version 2.10.0 I have the same issue as the OP, basically that when programmatically trying to format using just the runtime project, not the UI, then the formatter that is used is always OneWhitespaceFormatter, even when an alternate Formatter2 i...
35 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Tue, 11 October 2016 09:58 «» By: Koen Staal
Formatter 2 final and java implementation
Hi i was wondering when formatter2 will become final. in 2.10 it still has the discouraged access (for a while now). This thread indicates it is not final (https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1720911/?srch=formatter2#msg_1720911) My second qu...
36 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Tue, 13 September 2016 12:42 «» By: Axel Guckelsberger
How to bind Formatter2
Hi all, when I create new modules or import existing ones using a Sirius editor the resulting model file is not formatted. I guess this is a relict from migrating to Xtext 2.10. Thus I checked the runtime module class and found no binding for this cl...
37 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 19 May 2016 11:48 «» By: Maged Elaasar
Indent after first line
I am using Xtext 2.9 formatter2 API. I am trying to figure out how to cause the formatter to produce indentation like in the following example: relation X from Y to Z In other words, I would like to insert new lines before "from&...
38 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Tue, 26 April 2016 12:02 «» By: Gerd W├╝therich
Serializing & case-insensitive languages (java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not serialize EObjec
Hi, currently I'm developing a xtext based cypher (neo4j) editor (xtext version 2.9.2). Fortunately I was able to solve nearly all issues I run into (google is my friend), but now I have to deal with an issue where I'm a bit lost... The problem is t...
39 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 31 March 2016 16:50 «» By: Andrey Petrenko
Formatter2: No GenPackage for NsURI http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore
I'm trying to use formatter2 I added the following section to mwe2 formatter = { generateStub = true } Here is my grammar file Reporting: (imports+=Import)* (tables+=Table)*; Table: ((type='table') name=ID ('with scheme' '{' (field...
40 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Wed, 02 March 2016 06:25 «» By: Markus Amshove
Re: Use Formatter1 in Xtext 2.9
Hi Christian, this was the first error I got. After deleting the formatter, configuring formatter2 in mwe2, deleting formatter2 and then reapply formatter1 ( ) I got rid of that strange nameAssignment-bug. I now have a formatter that formats and...
41 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 21 January 2016 18:54 «» By: Brandon Lewis
Formatter2 Warnings Everywhere: Discouraged access: The type IHiddenRegionFormatter
Trying my first formatter2 work... with a whitespace language. Only example documentation I can find is the homeautomation example. Nearly every access to the API I make gets a warning: Discouraged access: The type IHiddenRegionFormatter is not acce...
42 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Mon, 18 January 2016 02:52 «» By: Weihua Fan
Issues with Formatter2 API and xtext 2.9.x
I'm developing an expression like language (with left recursive issue) Everything works fine until I try to add Formatter support to the language Here's the language definition: Model: types+=Type*; Type: name=ID '=' pattern=Pattern ';' ; ...
43 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Mon, 18 January 2016 02:35 «» By: Weihua Fan
Re: How to add formatter based on the new formatting API to the project
Actually formatter2 support is enabled by default. If you're using xtext 2.9.0 or 2.9.1 to generate the project, you can see the mwe2 file like this: Workflow { component = XtextGenerator { configuration = { project = StandardProjectConfig ...
44 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Mon, 23 November 2015 16:59 «» By: Joerg Thiemer
XText Formatter2; textRegionsAccess undefined
Hello, I want to get familar with the xText formatter2. I've read the slides 'xtexts-new-formatter-api' fron slideshare. To dump the document structure there is an example def dispatch void format(Model model, extension IFormattableDocument document...
45 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Wed, 18 November 2015 13:25 «» By: Lorenzo Bettini
Re: problems with formatter2 in Xtext 2.9
On 15/11/2015 10:44, Lorenzo Bettini wrote: > Hi > > I started to port one of my DSLs to Xtext 2.9 > (https://github.com/LorenzoBettini/javamm). I'm using the nightly > update site. > > After the adaption of validator and com...
46 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Sun, 15 November 2015 09:44 «» By: Lorenzo Bettini
problems with formatter2 in Xtext 2.9
Hi I started to port one of my DSLs to Xtext 2.9 (https://github.com/LorenzoBettini/javamm). I'm using the nightly update site. After the adaption of validator and compiler tests (due to some small changes in the errors), tests are green but for ...
47 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Mon, 12 October 2015 15:38 «» By: Hauke Fuhrmann
[Xtext] Backslash at end of line
Hi there, I try to implement a legacy language wit Xtext. One feature is particularly difficult to implement: Backslash at end-of-line: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7711745/what-does-backslash-means-at-the-end-of-line So my language requir...
48 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Fri, 09 October 2015 12:47 «» By: Hauke Fuhrmann
[Xtext] Formatter2 usage when programmatically save Xtext resource
Hi there, I implemented a Formatter2, which works nicely in the IDE when hitting Strg-Shift-F. However, when I programmatically save a resource, the serializer of the Xtext Resource is always the OneSpaceFormatter and not my formatter 2. My Cod...
49 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 20 August 2015 09:11 «» By: Mohsin waqas
Re: Is it possible to use formatter and formatter2 both in one project
Yes I exactly meant that. So its mean I have to migrate all the work to formatter2. Thanks
50 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 20 August 2015 08:55 «» By: Stefan Oehme
Re: Is it possible to use formatter and formatter2 both in one project
Hi Mohsin, You mean running both Formatters for the same language and somehow "joining" their results? No, that is not possible. If you want to use the Formatter2 API, you'll have to migrate your existing logic. Cheers, Stefan
51 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 20 August 2015 08:32 «» By: Mohsin waqas
Is it possible to use formatter and formatter2 both in one project
Hello, Is it possible to use formatter1 and formatter2 both in one project? I am working on a project and i have implemented a part of it in formatter1. Is it possible that from now onwards i start working in formatter2 and the work done in formatter1 ...
52 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 30 July 2015 16:59 «» By: Meleagros Magnus
formatter2 - problem with nested objects
Hi all, I'm new to xtext and try to use the formatter 2 api. I have the following (abstract) Language: LevelOne: 'levelone' name= ID '{' leveltwo=LevelTwo '}'; LevelTwo: 'leveltwo' name=ID '{' levelthree+=LevelThree* leveltwo+=Lev...
53 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Fri, 24 July 2015 14:14 «» By: Mohsin waqas
Re: Lining up arguments vertically
yes!!! thank you. now got a new formatting class extending formatter2. I am starting implementing it now. thank you so much.
54 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Fri, 24 July 2015 13:25 «» By: Mohsin waqas
Re: Lining up arguments vertically
This is not happening in a new project(new project is working fine). I have tried in new project and both formatter and formatter2 based xtend classes are generated. Discourage access warning is there but no error.
55 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 16 July 2015 10:03 «» By: aurel pestell
[Formatter2] annoying line break
Hi, There seems to be a mecanism either in Xtext or Eclipse that automatically sets a line break when the width of a line exceeds a certain limit (124 in my case). Anything to do with autowrap in the formatting ? Is it possible to deactivate this for...
56 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Tue, 07 July 2015 14:15 «» By: Erika Baena
Formatter2
Hi, I am trying to use the Formatter2 API but I get the following trace when running GenerateMyDsl.mwe2. [ERROR]: GeneratorException: (Element: -UNKNOWN-; Reported by: Generator) java.lang.RuntimeException: No GenPackage for NsURI http://www.ecl...
57 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 02 July 2015 14:22 «» By: ayman salah
Re: Formatting comments
I am not using formatter2. I am experiencing some problems with it as it doesn't automatically onewhitespace format my document which is something I need. And for example I want to insert a new line after each ';' I don't know how to do that globally witho...
58 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 02 July 2015 12:55 «» By: aurel pestell
Re: Formatting comments
I think you can achieve that by adding your own replacer (extending CommentReplacer maybe ?) to that Comment Region. But you are not using Formatter2 right ?
59 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Wed, 01 July 2015 16:14 «» By: aurel pestell
[Formatter2] XExpression in a single line only
Hi, My language is derived from XBase and and its formatter is thus derived from XBase formatter. The only difference is that I want XBase expressions to hold on a single line and remove the support of multiline. Overriding all the methods from the...
60 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Mon, 29 June 2015 09:40 «» By: ayman salah
Re: Switching to Formatting2
Um, okay check this out. I removed all my grammar and wrote this: Model: ( elements+=element )* ; element: name=ID ; And it worked.. and generated the formatter2. So this means I have a problem in my grammar? It's too h...
61 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Mon, 22 June 2015 21:17 «» By: Olaf Bigalk
Xtext Builder runs into a compile error
I have an Xtext plugin that does not compile because of the followin error: java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem: The method apply(IEObjectDescription) of type EClassFilterPredicate must override a superclass method at de.mdsd.xtext.supp...
62 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Wed, 10 June 2015 07:54 «» By: Clemens Schneider
Discouraged access with formatter2 api
Hello, I try to start coding with the formatter2 api but for many lines of the following code example I get warnings like "Discouraged access: The type IFormattableDocument is not accessible due to restriction on required project com.xxx.tdg.dsl&qu...
63 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Thu, 04 June 2015 12:05 «» By: Jiang Li
Re: How to align text elements of more lines
@Christian Thanks for your answer. I have the same idea as your. But your demo code is much more prettier than mein. @Sebastian Nothing wrong with "append/prepend" methods. I am just not familiar to the new api of Formatter2. So i want to...
64 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Wed, 03 June 2015 13:34 «» By: Jiang Li
How to format datatype rules with Formatter2
I have already tried Formatter2 of XText 2.9. It works well. But i could not find any way to format the datatype rules. e.g. following grammar Expression: value=Real ; Real: INT '.' INT ; I hope to format the rule 'Real' so ...
65 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Tue, 12 May 2015 10:46 «» By: aurel pestell
Formatter2: formatting merging
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to merge the formatting attributes of two consecutive semantic regions. Something like that: region.append[oneSpace] nextRegion.prepend[noSpace] So nextRegion would override oneSpace with noSpace. When ...
66 Forum: TMF (Xtext) «» Posted on: Tue, 28 April 2015 14:58 «» By: Markus Duft
Formatter2: how to correctly format a block (indentation)
Hey, I'm trying to format something like this: enumeration Enum1 { /** documentation */ literal A; /** documentation */ literal B; literal C; } my formatter2 based formatting code looks like this: def dispatc...

Current Time: Sun Apr 11 18:20:25 GMT 2021