Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Model to Viewer Databinding(Real-time automatically triggered viewer updates)
Model to Viewer Databinding [message #1622101] Wed, 18 February 2015 09:01 Go to next message
Piero Campalani is currently offline Piero CampalaniFriend

Dear experts,

I am willing to bind a JFace TableViewer to a collection of objects, nothing that is not already covered by N tutorials and M snippets in Eclipse-land.

I successfully run one proposed snippet, where essentially a list of Persons is displayed through a viewer.

The snippet creates a sample collection of objects, then creates and binds the viewer and persons are listed there: ok.

I then tried to insert people dynamically to verify whether the TableViewer was updating itself automatically -- which I thought was the essence of databinding -- but it is not. Even if I am then manually updating the writable list of model objects.

So.. what is the dev intervention to achieve real-time update of a bound viewer upon model changes (collection+cell)?

Thanks for clarifying,
-Piero
Re: Model to Viewer Databinding [message #1622349 is a reply to message #1622101] Wed, 18 February 2015 12:31 Go to previous message
Piero Campalani is currently offline Piero CampalaniFriend

Moved to JFace group, sorry for polluting.
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1622342/#msg_1622342
Previous Topic:Injecting own object to global Eclipse context
Next Topic:Key binding for "find on web page"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:07:37 GMT 2024