Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Path-Variables are not evaluated for Cross-Tools Path
Path-Variables are not evaluated for Cross-Tools Path [message #1620600] Tue, 17 February 2015 09:49
Clemens Eisserer is currently offline Clemens EissererFriend
Hi,

Is it possible to use path variables inside the path to the cross tools directory?

Background: We have several dependant projects in a git-repository, all using a powerpc gcc toolchain for compilation. For now every project has the path to the cross tools set individually, which however is quite cumbersome when multiple people work using version control - as everybody has its cross tools installed in a different path.

So instead of instructing everyone to manually adjust the cross-tools-path for each project according to the local installation, I would like to use a workspace-wide path variable (Menu->Window->Preferences->General->Workspace->Linked-Ressources) which would just have to be set once per developer - the project settings could simply depend on this variable and stay the same across different developer machines.

So what I did was:
1. Create a workspace-wide path variable to the cross-gcc
2. is this variable in the workspace-settings (as shown in the screenshot attached)

However, for some reason the cross-tools path is not evaluated as soon as a path variable is contained in it. Compilation fails, and from what I can see the specified path is not used at all:
'Invoking: Cross G++ Linker'
powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu-g++

Any idea what is going wrong here?
Is this a bug in Eclipse, or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks & best regards, Clemens
Previous Topic:Adding .a file in Eclipse with MingW compiler
Next Topic:Eclipe ARM GCC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:22:23 GMT 2024