Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Testing file explorer in a RCP application
Testing file explorer in a RCP application [message #1614967] Fri, 13 February 2015 16:12 Go to next message
Myriam Melnitchenko is currently offline Myriam MelnitchenkoFriend
Hello,
I can't find anywhere in documentation how to choose a file in a file explorer launched by my AUT (see my snapshot).
More,
- the observer tool does not record the actions when I click on a document then on open button.
- the object mapping tool does not highlight with green border the "choose a file" window (see the snapshot).

Then I wonder if there is a limitation concerning file explorers testing, or if I am doing something wrong...

Thanks a lot!

Myriam.
Re: Testing file explorer in a RCP application [message #1615010 is a reply to message #1614967] Fri, 13 February 2015 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

Native file dialog components can't be addressed with the normal actions, since they aren't Java components.
The most helpful way of using a native file chooser in a test is probably to:
- Copy the path you want to select via the chooser to the clipboard using the action "copy to clipboard"
- Paste the path into the file field using "external key combination" with ctrl+v (it's important to use the "external" action, because this is designed for use on native dialogs)
- Confirm by pressing "ENTER" using the "external key combination".

Hope that helps!
Alex

Re: Testing file explorer in a RCP application [message #1619113 is a reply to message #1615010] Mon, 16 February 2015 10:49 Go to previous message
Myriam Melnitchenko is currently offline Myriam MelnitchenkoFriend
Hi!
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I could achieve interacting with the file chooser.
Regards,
Myriam.
Previous Topic:Table Inputs - HTML Toolkits
Next Topic:Using SVN or GIT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:20:04 GMT 2024