Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Using SVN or GIT
Using SVN or GIT [message #1612846] Thu, 12 February 2015 08:40 Go to next message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
hi there,

is there a way to use svn or git like u do it with source code? i was just wondering that i can't find something like that...

or is there at least a way to export single tests so u could use tortoise for example....

i know i could export the project and use tortoise then, but it will costs a lot of time to export the whole project everytime theres a change...

the point why i am asking is that everytime i make a experimental change i worry if i can restore the old state if i need to....

Sincerely Dominik

[Updated on: Thu, 12 February 2015 08:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using SVN or GIT [message #1612876 is a reply to message #1612846] Thu, 12 February 2015 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there Dominik,

There are three main options here:

1. When you're working with the ITE, you can export the whole project.
2. When you're working with the ITE, you can create new versions of a project. Since this is essentially an export than an import as a new project, it makes more sense to use (1).
3. If you're not working with the ITE, but with the new (since 8.1) Jubula Client API, then you'll be working with Java code in a normal workspace. Then you have the usual options available when you're working with any other source code.

In short - if you're working with test specification via drag & drop, then export is the preferred way. If you're working with test specification via API, then you can link your files directly with git or svn.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: Using SVN or GIT [message #1612884 is a reply to message #1612876] Thu, 12 February 2015 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
at the moment i am still working with the ITE but i am thinking about to change to work with API. so if i would change is there also a way to generate tests the code for tests already written in ITE?
Re: Using SVN or GIT [message #1619311 is a reply to message #1612884] Mon, 16 February 2015 13:40 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Dominik,

We do have a converter, that you may be able to use, based on the following information:
- it was developed specifically for the customer project that sponsored the API development. We have a good feeling that it could work on other projects, but it wasn't our focus during development
- if you do have problems with the converter then you can either adapt it yourself (the sources are public) or you can chat to us to adapt it for you, but this would be something that would require sponsorship
- certain things are not converted such as variables, functions and AUT configurations. Test Cases and Test Suites are generated as classes.

Bearing all that in mind, here's how you can use it Smile
- use the update site from the development folder in the Jubula installation to add the org.eclipse.jubula.feature.api.converter feature to your ITE
- when you've added it, then a new button will appear on the toolbar allowing you to convert the currently opened project (only this version of it)
- you should generate your sources into the http://git.eclipse.org/c/jubula/org.eclipse.jubula.core.git/tree/org.eclipse.jubula.qa.api.converter.target.rcp src-gen folder (check the sources out before starting)

Hope that helps,
Alex
Previous Topic:Testing file explorer in a RCP application
Next Topic:RCP Jacoco
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 04 05:14:15 GMT 2024