Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Setting up my RCP application for testing with Jubula(Setting up my RCP application for testing with Jubula)
Setting up my RCP application for testing with Jubula [message #1609962] Tue, 10 February 2015 13:08 Go to next message
Myriam Melnitchenko is currently offline Myriam MelnitchenkoFriend
Hi!
I am trying to configure my jubula to connect to my RCP AUT.
The development team has delivered to me an eclipse RCP application.
As mentionned in $4.2.2 "Setting up an RCP AUT for testing" in Jubula help documentation :
- I copied the jubula plugin (org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp_2.3.0.201404150900.jar) in the plugins directory (C:\Program Files\eclipse_kepler\eclipse\plugins)
- I modified although the eclipse config.ini (C:\Program Files\eclipse_kepler\eclipse\configuration) to add ,org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp@start at the end of osgi.bundles line
- I modified although the config.ini of my RCP AUT (located in the RCP AUT workspace) to add ,org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp@start at the end of osgi.bundles line

But when I run my eclipse RCP in command line ("C:\Program Files\eclipse_kepler\eclipse\eclipse.exe" -name Eclipse -showsplash 600 -product com.sii.gate.product -configuration file:C:/SVN/514-26_AcoR_D/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/gate.3.7.product/ -dev file:C:/SVN/514-26_AcoR_D/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/gate.3.7.product/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -nl fr_FR -consoleLog -console" ), and open Help>about>Installation Details>Configuration>View error log, I can see the following message:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2015-02-10 13:59:58.639
!MESSAGE Bundle org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp@start not found.

Of course, when having a look at Help>about>Installation Details>Plug-ins, I can that Jubula pug-ins are not started...

Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot!!!
Re: Setting up my RCP application for testing with Jubula [message #1610536 is a reply to message #1609962] Tue, 10 February 2015 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there Myriam,

Thanks for the detailed description. It sounds like you have a slightly different setup than what I've heard before. Can you explain how Eclipse and your AUT are related? Theoretically you should only have to add the RCP plugin to your actual AUT (and also modify the osgi bundles parameter for your AUT).

If you can give me some more infos on your setup I'll check with the team to see how you can proceed.

Thanks!
Best regards,
Alex
Re: Setting up my RCP application for testing with Jubula [message #1612906 is a reply to message #1609962] Thu, 12 February 2015 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Myriam Melnitchenko is currently offline Myriam MelnitchenkoFriend
Hi!
Thanks for your return.
I am not a developer, so I don't really master the eclipse environement...
All I know is :
- we use eclipse kepler an jre 7
- inside the development eclipse project, we choose a target platform 3.7 configuration, run as an application (not a product).

For my problem, I could resolve it, asking someone who knows well eclipse RCP:
- put org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp_2.3.0.201404150900.jar in a separate directory (for example C:\Program Files\eclipse_kepler\jubula)
- in Winodws Preference of eclipse development environment, choose Target Content, then Add directory, then choose org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp_2.3.0.201404150900.jar in C:\Program Files\eclipse_kepler\jubula
- in config.ini file of the developement environment workspace, add this at the end of the osgi.bundles line : ",reference\:file\:C\:/Program Files/eclipse_kepler/jubula/org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp_2.3.0.201404150900.jar@start"

Now Jubula can connect to my AUT.

Best Regards,
Myriam.
Re: Setting up my RCP application for testing with Jubula [message #1613088 is a reply to message #1612906] Thu, 12 February 2015 11:51 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Thanks for your reply and posting the solution!

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:HTML toolkit Selenium - Session not remembered.
Next Topic:Table Inputs - HTML Toolkits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Feb 26 05:12:11 GMT 2024