Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Moxy: support of substitution groups for schema generation
Moxy: support of substitution groups for schema generation [message #1608278] Mon, 09 February 2015 11:56 Go to next message
Radim Bufka is currently offline Radim BufkaFriend
Hi,

according to the Blaise Doughan's answer at stackoverflow.com/a/20885857/4545914, there is no way (no matter which jaxb implementation we use) to achieve substitution groups in a generated xsd schema. Is this perchance planned in the future? A new annotations e.g.

I can see benefits in using substitution groups over choice when I want to allow a 3rd party to extend your elements/classes. This would be done by creating a new xsd file and importing the base schema and that's all. In the case of choice setup, the 3rd party would have to edit the original, generated schema to add an import of the new xsd file and add the new extended elements under the choices where necessary. And then the schema would get regenerated...

Of course, I can solve it by creating a way to include the 3rd party's stuff for the xsd generation process. But it steals away from them the option to control the schema (if needed). Also, I don't like the cyclic dependencies between the schema files.

Substitution groups are very elegant and I miss them dearly. What do you think?
Re: Moxy: support of substitution groups for schema generation [message #1609437 is a reply to message #1608278] Tue, 10 February 2015 05:40 Go to previous message
Vjacheslav Borisov is currently offline Vjacheslav BorisovFriend
I also tried to use substitution groups, but without success.
I write schema first, then generate classes. And in this case JAXBElement<T> is generated istead of T, which is unusable with JPA.
Previous Topic:Can I have @ManyToOne relationship to an abstract entity using table per class?
Next Topic:Unable to import JoinFetch annotation in EclipseLink 2.5.2 in OSGi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:25:24 GMT 2024