Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Red Icon on Tab right after loading data in form
Red Icon on Tab right after loading data in form [message #1606322] Sun, 08 February 2015 04:23 Go to next message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

Hello there,

can someone please explain to me, why a tab on my form is always decorated with a red little circle right after loading the form data?

index.php/fa/20765/0/

Does this little red icon indicate that the form is dirty or that the form/tab has got validation errors?

Thnx in advance

Peter

[Updated on: Sun, 08 February 2015 04:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Red Icon on Tab right after loading data in form [message #1607953 is a reply to message #1606322] Mon, 09 February 2015 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
Hello Peter

This marker has two possible meanings:

• At least one field in this tab is non-empty (ITabBox#MARK_STRATEGY_EMPTY). This is the default for normal tabs.
  • At least one field in this tab has unsaved changes (ITabBox#MARK_STRATEGY_SAVE_NEEDED). This is the default for search forms.

In your case, this marker indicates to the user that this tab contains data. (This can be useful if there are many tabs and the user does not want to click through each of them only to find that they are empty)

Starting in Eclipse Scout Juno SR2 (3.8.2), with Bug 396718, you can choose between the two marking strategies:
Either by either overriding
getConfiguredMarkStrategy()
on a specific TabBox, or by calling
 FormUtility.setTabBoxMarkStrategy(IForm, int)
in your form initialization.

Patrick
Re: Red Icon on Tab right after loading data in form [message #1608016 is a reply to message #1607953] Mon, 09 February 2015 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
About SAVE_NEEDED:
Each field in the tab can make a contribution to unsaved changes.
I do not know how you load data in this tab. Depending on what you need; you can change the logic in the fields.

@Patrick Bänziger: thank you a lot for this answer. I didn't knew about the getConfiguredMarkStrategy() property.
Re: Red Icon on Tab right after loading data in form [message #1608029 is a reply to message #1607953] Mon, 09 February 2015 08:15 Go to previous message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

Hello,
thanks for the reply Smile
I'll give it a try as soon as possible - hence next weekend.
Although I must admit from a user perspective it can be very confusing to distinguish between "tab contains data" or a "validation error". Perhaps defining/configuring another icon would be helpful here?

Regards,
Peter
Previous Topic:Where it is ( getBackendSubject() );
Next Topic:Reload detail table in form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:46:56 GMT 2024