Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Most correct way to build Enterprise Applications (EJB 3.1) with Eclipse(A lot of different tutorials are confusing me)
icon7.gif  Most correct way to build Enterprise Applications (EJB 3.1) with Eclipse [message #1602651] Thu, 05 February 2015 18:13
Alessandro Violante is currently offline Alessandro ViolanteFriend
Hi,

I'm doing my first steps into the Enterprise Applications and, specifically, the EJB world.
I've begun following an online course, but that lessons are referring to the NetBeans IDE and the GlassFish server. I don't know if someone of you know how to build Enterprise Applications with NetBeans.

Anyway, i'm facing a lot of problems because i don't understand how the creation cycle of an Eclipse Enterprise Applications works, this is quite different from NetBeans. The difficulties are related to the fact that i've found loads of tutorials but one of them say to follow a cycle, another says another thing...

In my example, i want to create a really basic Session bean, only to start, and i'm doing as i would do with NetBeans. I'm making 3.1 EJBs and i'm using the jBoss application server v7.1.

As my first step, i've created a new Enterprise Application Project, and then i've added New modules: client module, web module, connector module and ejb module.

I've opened the EJB module and i've created a new Session stateless bean with interface (local) and written an "Hello World" sample function.

Now i have to create a client interface, so i've created a ClientInterface class inside the client module, but now i have to create a reference to my EJB class. Now, if i was using NetBeans, i would have clicked to "Insert code" and then to "Call enterprise bean", but here in Eclipse i didn't find something similar.

What should i do? And what should i do next?

Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated.
Previous Topic:Way to share it
Next Topic:What folder do programs run in?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:07:29 GMT 2024