Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Browse button hangs
Browse button hangs [message #1601924] Thu, 05 February 2015 07:47 Go to next message
Joseph Benavides is currently offline Joseph BenavidesFriend
Hi Guys,

This has been bothering me for a while now. Every time I use a button (Browse, Add Files Add Folder) that opens up a file selection dialog, it always hangs up (sort of). When I click Cancel and click on that button again, the dialog does not come up anymore.

Occasionally I can get around it by typing the whole path manually (when I can) but in cases of some contexts like Folder Context where you can't manually type in a file or folder name, there's no way around it.

Of course, I was able to find a work around for it somewhere but I was hoping to get the official work from you on this matter.

Curiously, when the file selection dialog opens up for the first time, it has a symbol at the bottom left that denotes that it's loading something.

index.php/fa/20731/0/

cheers!

Joseph
Re: Browse button hangs [message #1602138 is a reply to message #1601924] Thu, 05 February 2015 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!
This is a known SWT bug wich is fixed in Eclipse 4.2. We will fix it by upgrading our IDE to the latest Eclipse version. I've created bug in our project for it.
For now this fix is available in the experimental version based on Mars.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: Browse button hangs [message #1602145 is a reply to message #1602138] Thu, 05 February 2015 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Olga,

Thank you for the information! I had read about that a while back but not officially and I haven't seen any post about it here so I thought I should for the benefit of everyone looking for answers.

cheers!

Joseph
Re: Browse button hangs [message #1602206 is a reply to message #1602145] Thu, 05 February 2015 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

That's great!
Thank you for helping us to make our forum more useful! Smile

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: Browse button hangs [message #1614158 is a reply to message #1602206] Fri, 13 February 2015 04:22 Go to previous message
Hi Olga, which upcoming version will this fix be implemented aside from the experimental version based on Mars?
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] "Widget is disposed" error
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Validating markers in the annotation ruler column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:08:29 GMT 2024