Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Ecore Tools » Renaming and regeneration?
Renaming and regeneration? [message #1599416] Tue, 03 February 2015 16:19 Go to next message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
I need to change the name of a EcoreTools project.

I am aware that the EcoreTools user guide states

Quote:
Changing the project name afterward is possible though error-prone and not without impact

So it is difficult, but it is possible. How?

Changing the name of the .aird file yields the message

Quote:
Deletion of the main representations file of "x.aird" will invalidate it.

After accepting it, it is no longer possible to open the representations.

What is then the procedure to rename a project and its representation files?

Also, if one deletes the generated source files, how can one force their regeneration?

In general, how can you force the syncronization between the .aird, .ecore and .genmodel files?

If I change, for example, the name/path of the genmodel in the MANIFEST or plugin.xml, I don't see the effects anywhere. No new genmodel is created.

Thanks.

I'm using
Ecore Diagram Editor 2.0.3.201411191338 org.eclipse.emf.ecoretools.design.feature.group Eclipse Modeling Project

with

Eclipse Modeling Tools 4.4.1.20150109-0740 epp.package.modeling null

on Luna 4.4.1 SR 1a

Re: Renaming and regeneration? [message #1725194 is a reply to message #1599416] Tue, 01 March 2016 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teun van de Berg is currently offline Teun van de BergFriend
Hi Ernesto,

I've also run into this limitation of the tools. I would like to rename a project containing an ecore model, genmodel and representations. I have another project which has dependencies to this project.

I've tried two approaches for renaming the project:
1) Using the refactor option in Eclipse.
2) Using a full text search on all files in the projects and updating all entries manually.

Neither approach was successful. Perhaps I missed some references in during my 2nd attempt. To rename a project in this manner is definitely time consuming.

I'm thinking about writing a bug report for this but I'm not sure this will help as the maintainers of ecore and EcoreTools are apparently aware of the issue. (Based on your citation and a similar comment in the EMF book.)

Kind regards,
Teun
Re: Renaming and regeneration? [message #1732481 is a reply to message #1725194] Tue, 17 May 2016 15:08 Go to previous message
Cedric Brun is currently offline Cedric BrunFriend
Hi, we are indeed aware of the issue but did not had the chance to work on it and to make this simpler.

The easiest way to achieve such a rename would be to first make sure that no .aird file is opened (right click, close) and then use the refactor option in eclipse making sure the tick "search for textual references" is enabled.

http://cedric.brun.io news and articles on eclipse and eclipse modeling.
Previous Topic:[Texo] Possibility to suppress generating of getter/setter
Next Topic:Convert Ecore to UML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:54:20 GMT 2024