Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Code Coverage(Is there any Option of Code Coverage? )
Code Coverage [message #1599128] Tue, 03 February 2015 11:51 Go to next message
Chris Carstensen is currently offline Chris CarstensenFriend
Hello Everyone,

I'm searching for an RCP Testing Tool and found the RCP Testing Tool Wink

My Company already use EclEmma for Code Coverage at Unittests.
Now we want to test our GUI with the Code Coverage EclEmma, to see what both of our Test (GUI and Unittest) cover from our Code.

So I didn't find any hint of Code Coverage in RCP Testing Tool, does that mean there is none?

Thanks,
Chris
Re: Code Coverage [message #1602176 is a reply to message #1599128] Thu, 05 February 2015 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!
We don't provide this functionality out-of-the box but you could employ AUT virtual machine arguments to configure an arbitrary covers tool (eg. JaCoCo agent).

Add AUT with installed cover tool to RCPTT IDE, select AUT in Applications View and click Configure, click "Advanced...", then AUT configuration editor will be opened. You can set AUT VM arguments in Arguments tab of that editor.

Please let me know if it is suitable for you or you have any questions.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: Code Coverage [message #1611300 is a reply to message #1599128] Wed, 11 February 2015 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Falter is currently offline Andreas FalterFriend
Hi,

I also made some tries regarding the code coverage during tests by using the Jacoco agent.

In general, the JaCoCo agent can be easily integrated as described in previous comment, I added the following argument to my launch configuration:

-javaagent:e:\RCPTT\Coverage\JacocoAgent\jacocoagent.jar=destfile=e:\RCPTT\Coverage\test.exec

When I start the AUT, the destination file is created and filled during the test. After execution, the file can be imported as coverage session to Eclipse/EclEmma to have the results in the known view in Eclipse. I have not checked if the result is reasonable, but at least something is written Smile

I think it will be also possible to combine the results of the GUI and Unit-Tests, if both test runs write to the same result file with the 'append' option (see also the linked Jacoco agent DOC page from previous comment). Alternatively, both sessions maybe imported to EclEmma and combined there. There was an option for such things in the coverage view, but I did not try this so far.

Re: Code Coverage [message #1709667 is a reply to message #1599128] Wed, 30 September 2015 08:06 Go to previous message
Ulyana Skorokhodova is currently offline Ulyana SkorokhodovaFriend
Hi Andreas,

In this blogpost we are going to describe how to configure Eclipse to combine RCPTT UI tests with code coverage analytics tools EclEmma and Jacoco agent.

Kind regards,
Ulyana.
Previous Topic:Tests failing on 'Unknown reason'
Next Topic:Capturing only changed preferences from a specific base preferences context
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:57:28 GMT 2024