Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Unpacking plugins from target platform fails to work properly for launch configs
Unpacking plugins from target platform fails to work properly for launch configs [message #1593005] Fri, 30 January 2015 11:02
Andreas Pakulat is currently offline Andreas PakulatFriend
I'm using PyDev (http://pydev.org) as part of a RCP application and all the pydev plugins are part of a target platform configuration. We're using a mirror of all the plugins we need to avoid hitting the internet all the time.

Unfortunately it seems that PDE does not unpack the PyDev Plugin jars properly when launching the RCP application. Some of the plugins contain python script files that the plugins need during runtime, but only some of these files are to be found in the workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/squishide/org.eclipse.osgi directory. Most things are missing breaking functionality of PyDev when I run the RCP app from inside Eclipse.

The packaged RCP application does not have this problem (built with Maven/Tycho, using the same p2 mirror).

I'm wondering how to figure out why this fails (to open a report with something more than 'does not work') or if this is a known issue?

I'm using Eclipse 4.4 right now.
Previous Topic:Luna product generation - Help about icon missing
Next Topic:Error message when running plugin in debug mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:32:02 GMT 2024