Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Interest in GEF-BoF at upcoming EclipseCon?(Interest in GEF-BoF at upcoming EclipseCon?)
icon3.gif  Interest in GEF-BoF at upcoming EclipseCon? [message #1589190] Wed, 28 January 2015 09:39 Go to next message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
I will be giving a talk at the upcoming EclipseCon, in which I want to show what can be expected for the Mars release in terms of GEF4 (https://www.eclipsecon.org/na2015/session/gef4-sightseeing-mars). The talk will be a mere demo-tour, so no technical details or roadmap plans will be thematized.

When I attended EclipseCon NA and Europe last year, nevertheless, a lot of people contacted me with technical questions, questions about our roadmap, and especially about how to migrate from GEF to GEF4. I was thus thinking whether it would make sense to organize a BoF session this time to gather the community and have the chance to discuss these kind of questions appropriately. Therefore, I would like to know, whether you - the community - would be interested in such a venture. Please give me some feedback (here or via private communication) whether you would be interested in such a BoF at the upcoming EclipseCon.

Cheers
Alexander
Re: Interest in GEF-BoF at upcoming EclipseCon? [message #1701358 is a reply to message #1589190] Sun, 12 July 2015 16:02 Go to previous message
Patrik Suzzi is currently offline Patrik SuzziFriend
Alexander,

I am strongly interested in GEF4 and I was actually following Your GEF4 project since a long time.

In past I developed a complex diagram editor with GEF 3.x MVC. So I'm familiar with GEF 3.x; but I would like to develop some editor with GEF 4.x MVC.

I would be interested in a BoF session, at next EclipseCon, or online. Maybe just to see how to start with a simple simple example of GEF 3.x MVC project, (*) and convert it into GEF 4 MVC

(*) something simple, as example:

It would also be interesting having some pointers on how to start mapping GEF 3 MVC to GEF 4 !

Note: I'm keen to contribute - code or documentation - to the GEF project. So don't hesitate to point me to some existing bugzilla.

Kind Regards.
Patrik

[Updated on: Sun, 12 July 2015 21:18] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Auto-exposure/Auto-Scroll - snapping back (GEF 3.8.2)
Next Topic:How to build a simple Editor with GEF 4 MVC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:04:08 GMT 2024