Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » A complete guide about Papyrus(A complete guide about Papyrus)
A complete guide about Papyrus [message #1587717] Tue, 27 January 2015 14:17 Go to next message
Adrien Lefevre is currently offline Adrien LefevreFriend
Good afternoon,

I'm looking for a guide which will explain me what Papyrus can do.

In fact, I'm working on a project which consists in implementing a specific method of modelling systems (as the "cycle en V" in French) and I have to know what Papyrus can provide me.

For instance, this specific method starts with an analysis of the needs that leads to requirements. I know that Papyrus can import excel files with requirement and has a requirement diagram. Then, I have to create global use cases that Papyrus can make.
And so on...

So my question is: is there any complete guide that I can read to know what Papyrus can do and see if it responds to my specific method?

Thank you very much,

Adrien.
Re: A complete guide about Papyrus [message #1590609 is a reply to message #1587717] Thu, 29 January 2015 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Adrien,

Papyrus is a UML modeling tool and, as such, can support multiple methods. It would be difficult to have a complete guide that would cover all methods (V vs. OpenUp vs. Harmony, vs. ...).

Papyrus supports the UML and Sysml languages that provide many building blocks that can be used in a V model method. Note that there are already many books that describes how the UML and SysML can be used to develop systems.

Looking at the V model, Papryrus can help with the following (not an extensive list):

User requirements engineering: requirements (esp. through SysML), Use cases, use case realizations (collaborations)
System requirements engineering: SysML diagrams: requirements, block definitions, parametrics
Architecture engineering: packages, classes, blocks (definitions and internal), composite structures, behavioural aspects
Design and coding: Classes, relationships, behaviour, code generation
Unit, system, and acceptance testing: just as you can model software, you can model test harness, as well as measure impact analysis, test sufficiency, etc. - if you have created the correct explicit dependencies.

Some aspects are not always covered in typical V methods, such as the need for an underlying lifecycle support (support for eGit, Gerrit, etc.) and for good traceability (UML and EMF queries).
Subsystems and system integrations: architecture and design models help analyse the components and plan their deployment (both have appropriate diagrams.

If you do a Google search, you will find there are a few UML/SysML papers and articles that describe certain aspects of what, I suspect, you are looking for.

/Charles Rivet
Re: A complete guide about Papyrus [message #1597752 is a reply to message #1590609] Mon, 02 February 2015 14:33 Go to previous message
Adrien Lefevre is currently offline Adrien LefevreFriend
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply, you have totally answered my question!

Previous Topic:Definition of Profiles with MARTE's NFPs fails
Next Topic:The Harmony SE-Toolkit from IBM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 10 14:03:16 GMT 2020