Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Creating and debugging an existing PHP project
icon5.gif  Creating and debugging an existing PHP project [message #1577573] Thu, 22 January 2015 00:16 Go to next message
Gerald Roston is currently offline Gerald RostonFriend
All,

I am a newbie to Eclipse and am having some challenges getting started. My goal is simple - to debug an application that resides in //localhost, i.e., the root directory.

Following the advice found in an article in this forum, I did the following:

Quote:

1. Start Eclipse and select htdocs (or www or other) as workspace.
2. Select File -> New --> Project --> PHP Project
3. Type the name of the folder that contains the source files into the Project Name field. (Note I have not tried this with folders that are hidden deep within the folder hierarchy)
4. Choose "Create new project in workspace". Do not choose "Create project at existing location (from existing source". The following text is displayed: "The specified external location already exists.If a project is created in this location, the wizard will automatically try to detect existing sources and configure the buildpath appropriately."
5. Click Finish.

The only thing I did not do was Step 1 - my Workspace is set to a folder under My Documents. For step 3, I entered c:\wamp\www, i.e., the server root folder.

The problem I am having is this: When I try to debug the application, the address that is passed to the internal browser is //localhost/<Project Name>/MyFile.php instead of the desired //localhost/MyFile.php.

Would you please help me resolve this issue.

Thank you!
Re: Creating and debugging an existing PHP project [message #1582347 is a reply to message #1577573] Sat, 24 January 2015 15:18 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

Gerald,

I'm not a PHP guy so I'll recommend that you post in the Eclipse PDT
forum for help:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/85/
Previous Topic:Memory view and Python
Next Topic:e(fx)clipse install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:52:46 GMT 2024