Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Export product on command line?
Export product on command line? [message #293460] Mon, 24 October 2005 16:32 Go to next message
David Rostowsky is currently offline David RostowskyFriend
Anyone ever generate a standalone product from the command line? Ive run
through the "Eclipse Product export wizard" to do this inside of the Eclipse
IDE, but of course, our daily build system would like to do this in a
scripting command line world.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Dave Rostowsky
Re: Export product on command line? [message #695181 is a reply to message #293460] Mon, 11 July 2011 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mathur_dipti is currently offline mathur_diptiFriend
Hi Dave,

Ever found a way to do this? I am looking for a way to do the same thing - automate the deployment process. Do let me know please!

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2011 12:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Export product on command line? [message #695593 is a reply to message #293460] Tue, 12 July 2011 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Catalin Gerea is currently offline Catalin GereaFriend

Hello David

Did you tried the headless build? As far as I know this is the only way to have the standalone product from the command line (as in your case included in a script).

Time is what you make of it.
Re: Export product on command line? [message #696580 is a reply to message #695593] Thu, 14 July 2011 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Catalin,

Will headless build help me export the product? I need to deploy it into an executable too (via a script).

Thanks,
Dipti
Re: Export product on command line? [message #696622 is a reply to message #696580] Thu, 14 July 2011 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Catalin Gerea is currently offline Catalin GereaFriend

Hello Dipti

I am not sure that I understand you last question.
The "PDE export wizard" and the headless build will have the same outcome: the application/product/feature is built in the specified folder.
The headless build has the following advantages from my point of view:
- can be started from the command line (you do not need that Eclipse is started)
- can be integrated in other existing build scripts/continuous integration
Of course the main disadvantage for the headless build is that is more difficult to have a first successful build.

Time is what you make of it.
Re: Export product on command line? [message #699179 is a reply to message #696622] Thu, 21 July 2011 02:55 Go to previous message
Catalin,

My bad. My headless build results in a zipped file with no executable, whereas the export wizard gives me a nice executable file in the destination folder. I am working on linux. So I presumed that to get an executable that launches my app, I need to do something more once the headless build goes through fine. Turns out the format of the build output is to be mentioned somewhere in the build.properties. Am on it.
Previous Topic:Plugin Version Mismatch Issue
Next Topic:creating JARS dependencies as plugins?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:10:56 GMT 2024