Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » What does the project folder + icon mean?
What does the project folder + icon mean? [message #1566603] Thu, 15 January 2015 23:55 Go to next message
Dave H is currently offline Dave HFriend
I created a new PHP project (from existing source), and some of the folders look normal but some have what looks like a plus sign on them. Upon closer inspection it looks like a yellow box with a cross through it coming out of the folder.

I checked this link: http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Freference%2Fref-65.htm and it doesn't show that icon.

What does this mean?
Re: What does the project folder + icon mean? [message #1566744 is a reply to message #1566603] Fri, 16 January 2015 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Dexter is currently offline Mark DexterFriend
It means the folder is included in the PHP build path. See the screenshot attached.
  • Attachment: Image1.png
    (Size: 75.00KB, Downloaded 208 times)
Re: What does the project folder + icon mean? [message #1567908 is a reply to message #1566744] Fri, 16 January 2015 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm having trouble finding that PDT User Guide online... my Eclipse is currently initializing a project (which takes a while), so I can't see the Help section. Can you provide a link?
Re: What does the project folder + icon mean? [message #1573790 is a reply to message #1567908] Mon, 19 January 2015 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only some of my folders have the symbol, and I'm not seeing any reason why. I didn't specifically set anything to be on the build path. What determines which folders are in the build path? Everything is just in one top-level folder.
Re: What does the project folder + icon mean? [message #1575276 is a reply to message #1573790] Tue, 20 January 2015 18:38 Go to previous message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
Current PDT documentation is available under: https://www.eclipse.org/pdt/help/html/toc.htm
See also: https://www.eclipse.org/pdt/help/html/php_icons.htm

It's a little bit outdated, we are working to fix this issue in Luna SR2.

By default build patch is created on project root dir. If you are using composer plugin, your build patch will be modified based on composer.json

Previous Topic:SQL and Properties File Editors no more available ?
Next Topic:Comment toggle (CTRL-/)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:05:43 GMT 2024