Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » LUNA - PHP + Javascript editing problems: OSX (Having problems editing javascript files in my Eclipse for PHP on Yosemite)
LUNA - PHP + Javascript editing problems: OSX [message #1566426] Thu, 15 January 2015 21:38 Go to next message
Andy Wallace is currently offline Andy WallaceFriend
This is getting ridiculous. I have a large PHP project that also includes Javascript (.js) files and smarty templates (.tpl). I upgraded to Luna, seemed like the right thing to do.

Lately, though, I having serious problems when trying to edit javascript files. I will open the file fine. But when I select some text in preparation for a simple copy and paste, I get a spinning beachball, and Eclipse just locks up. I have the log file open, nothing is being written to it (<me>/workspace/.metadata/.log). So, I wind up forcing a quit, and then once that is cleared, I restart Eclipse, and it goes through it's synchronization (CVS). THis has happened to me 4 times TODAY. I cannot edit a javascript file.

I have always had some problems with Eclipse editing javascript, but was able to deal with it with a minimum of screaming. But this is crazy. Any ideas where to start looking?

Eclipse for PHP Developers
Version: Luna Service Release 1a (4.4.1)
Build id: 20150109-0600

thanks,
Andy
Re: LUNA - PHP + Javascript editing problems: OSX [message #1567690 is a reply to message #1566426] Fri, 16 January 2015 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
JSDT still have problems with huge and or minimized JS files.

If you have files like jQuery, extjs-all or other big compiled resources, you should add it to filters.

As resource filters (RPM on parent dir->resource->resource filter), or directly in JS includepath (RPM on project -> preferences->javascript->include path->add to excludes)

Re: LUNA - PHP + Javascript editing problems: OSX [message #1567942 is a reply to message #1567690] Fri, 16 January 2015 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry - RPM? I see what you mean (and by the way, a complete system reboot helped the problem, but I'm happy to improve the situation) about filtering out the big files... but I don't understand the terminology.

Also - I'm not seeing any way to exclude files in the javascript path (I have attached a screenshot)

Thanks for your help, Dawid.
Re: LUNA - PHP + Javascript editing problems: OSX [message #1567949 is a reply to message #1567942] Fri, 16 January 2015 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
Sorry I mean rightclick. Your are on correct page, but have to click on "source" tab.

Re: LUNA - PHP + Javascript editing problems: OSX [message #1567968 is a reply to message #1567949] Fri, 16 January 2015 17:35 Go to previous message
Thanks for the clarification and quick reply. It's a little confusing, though. I added a
folder (public/js/lib), and modified the "Inclusion and Exclusion Patterns" so that there
is nothing in "Inclusion patterns", and "*.js" in exclusion patterns. So I'm including
all in the folder (and I hope subfolders), and excluding all .js files.. which is a little
confusing because there are only .js files in there, but ok, that should work.

Not sure how the access rules for single files work. I added one file from public/client_scripts,
but I want that file to not be used - do I just add a "forbidden" rule?
Previous Topic:SVN remote project?
Next Topic:Eclipse can't figure out which class file an object is coming from?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:50:04 GMT 2024