Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » UI customization
UI customization [message #1565196] Thu, 15 January 2015 06:17 Go to next message
A G is currently offline A GFriend
I am new to the stardust. I have created a workflow with some activity. Every activity have some IN and OUT data mapping which gets displayed at the stardust portal. I want to have some control/customization on the UI like want to display some headers like "Please enter Customer Details" and a line after that. Also want to have a control on text box size and want to show out mapings (entry text box) after the IN mapping elements are done for display.

DO we have any coustomization for UI elements displayed on protal?
Re: UI customization [message #1565920 is a reply to message #1565196] Thu, 15 January 2015 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Mueller is currently offline Andreas MuellerFriend
Hi,

The UI that is generated for manual activities based on defined IN and OUT data mappings cannot be changed. However, you can use UI Mashup applications (refer to documentation links below). Here you could let the modeler (browser-based) generate the HTML5-based code which can be modified afterwards or you can directly reference your own web-based UI screens hosted with Stardust or anywhere else.

http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.analyst/html/handbooks/modelling_analyst/applications/pep-application-ui.htm

http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.dev/html/tutorial/mashup/tut-ui-mashup.html

Andreas
Re: UI customization [message #1566993 is a reply to message #1565920] Fri, 16 January 2015 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Actually I am not using IPP portal for creating the model. Using this links is this possible to coustomize UI when you create model from eclipse->stardust?
I saw the JSP integration with models But also saw it's limitaion. Is it good to integrate JSP with the activity?
Re: UI customization [message #1567167 is a reply to message #1566993] Fri, 16 January 2015 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

AG,

the UI mashup Andreas recommended will be required if you need more extensive customization. If you only want to tweak the UI which is generated for a manual activity a bit then the UI properties on the data strucuture allow you to influence how it is rendered.
Please see http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.dev/html/handbooks/modelling/data-integration/structured-data/struct-field-level.html?cp=60_7_0_1_1_3. You can for instance control the label or text box size as you requested. In addition this also support a prefix, suffix, CSS style or class and more.

Best regards

Rob
Re: UI customization [message #1567418 is a reply to message #1567167] Fri, 16 January 2015 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Using this -

1) Can I control the order in which the editable (OUT and IN-OUT) datafields and the non editable (OUT) datafields are rendered. The OUT fields seem to be displayed first always. But I want IN fields to be displayed first?

2) How can I include 'instruction' text at the top of the page/start of the structure?
Re: UI customization [message #1572567 is a reply to message #1567418] Mon, 19 January 2015 07:54 Go to previous message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

AG,

1) the order is determined by the order in which you have created the data mappings. In Eclipse the order can be modified afterwards. In the browser modeler you currently need to recreate the data mappings in the correct sequence.

2) You can either use the activity description field in the model and enable the UI property that will display the text or you can map a primitive data of type text/string (with a default value) into the activity.

Best regards

Rob
Previous Topic:No source code in Stardust Web Services java client example
Next Topic:Assign specific account as current user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:21:13 GMT 2024