Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Missing in Xtext 2.7.3 : org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.TypeConformanceComputer(Missing in Xtext 2.7.3 : org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.TypeConformanceComputer)
icon5.gif  Missing in Xtext 2.7.3 : org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.TypeConformanceComputer [message #1552554] Thu, 08 January 2015 07:15 Go to next message
Arshad Adavani is currently offline Arshad AdavaniFriend
Hi all,
I am updating the xtext version of my project.
Till xtext 2.6.2 I found out that TypeConformanceComputer was present and when I updated I figured out that its not present in the latest version .

When I run my workflow I get following problem:

5    [main] ERROR mf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher  - com.google.inject.internal.util.$ComputationException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Lorg/eclipse/xtext/common/types/util/TypeConformanceComputer;
com.google.inject.internal.util.$ComputationException: com.google.inject.internal.util.$ComputationException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Lorg/eclipse/xtext/common/types/util/TypeConformanceComputer;
	at com.google.inject.internal.util.$MapMaker$StrategyImpl.compute(MapMaker.java:553)
	at com.google.inject.internal.util.$MapMaker$StrategyImpl.compute(MapMaker.java:419)
	at com.google.inject.internal.util.$CustomConcurrentHashMap$ComputingImpl.get(CustomConcurrentHashMap.java:2041)
	at com.google.inject.internal.FailableCache.get(FailableCache.java:50)
	at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjectorStore.get(ConstructorInjectorStore.java:49)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.TypeConformanceComputer
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

Any hints ? Thanks for any help Smile

Arshad
Re: Missing in Xtext 2.7.3 : org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.TypeConformanceComputer [message #1552594 is a reply to message #1552554] Thu, 08 January 2015 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian ZarnekowFriend
Hi Arshad,

that's true. The TypeConformanceComputer was not published API and
deprecated since 2.5 IIRC. Eventually we removed it in 2.7. You seem to
use an Xtext language that was developed against 2.6 but does not have
proper version constraints applied.

Best,
Sebastian
--
Looking for professional support for Xtext, Xtend or Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Re: Missing in Xtext 2.7.3 : org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.TypeConformanceComputer [message #1569725 is a reply to message #1552554] Sat, 17 January 2015 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian McDevitt is currently offline Ian McDevittFriend
I also got that same ComputationException in upgrading to 2.7 although specifically for TypeConformanceComputer. It seems to have been caused by older modules needing cleaned out.

When I checked the .mwe2 I noticed there were more directory cleaner components so I added them in

component = DirectoryCleaner {
    	directory = "${runtimeProject}/model/generated"
    }

I had started from about Xtext 2.3 and this one mustn't have been there originally and so these built modules were not being refreshed with the new 2.7 build.
Re: Missing in Xtext 2.7.3 : org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.TypeConformanceComputer [message #1573066 is a reply to message #1569725] Mon, 19 January 2015 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gary Worsham is currently offline Gary WorshamFriend
[Edit: Starting all over with Luna, sorry it's been a while since I was working with this stuff. Seems to be going OK.]

[Updated on: Mon, 19 January 2015 15:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Missing in Xtext 2.7.3 : org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.TypeConformanceComputer [message #1573616 is a reply to message #1573066] Mon, 19 January 2015 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually the DirectoryCleaner addition only got me past the MWE2 run. It did all build cleanly and run yesterday but today without any changes I've errors in src-gen files, in the AbstractRuntimeModule and the antlr files.

I guess there's some other out of date versions to find.
Re: Missing in Xtext 2.7.3 : org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.TypeConformanceComputer [message #1573642 is a reply to message #1573616] Mon, 19 January 2015 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha. I'm an idiot. I ran the wrong shortcut and was (successfully) generating the wrong project's language so it has nothing to do with the DirectoryCleaner. The original error is still there so back to square one.
Have the same
0    [main] ERROR mf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher  - com.google.inject.internal.util.$ComputationException:

and then finally
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.OperationCanceledException

I'll reply if I find a solution in case anyone else has to upgrade a couple of versions at once (it's only been about a year but I see I've missed a few key releases in that time)
Re: Missing in Xtext 2.7.3 : org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.TypeConformanceComputer [message #1574216 is a reply to message #1573642] Tue, 20 January 2015 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gary Worsham is currently offline Gary WorshamFriend
I'll tell you what I did, even though it's not quite the same scenario.

I want to distribute my Xtext/Xtend project through Github. I'd been using SVN for all my code and it had generally been going OK. I imported everything from SVN into Github.

In Eclipse Luna, I imported via Git into a fresh workspace. Previously I'd been using Kepler. All sorts of errors in many parts of the project.

However, if I create a new Xtext project, then copy just the source files from a ZIP exported from Github into the right places in the Xtext project, it all works great.

I'll create a different thread because my question is how do I manage this properly through Github and how do I most effectively share this project with other people?
Re: Missing in Xtext 2.7.3 : org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.util.TypeConformanceComputer [message #1575566 is a reply to message #1574216] Tue, 20 January 2015 22:20 Go to previous message
That seemed to be the most pragmatic approach, so rather than spend forever poking at error messages I also started a fresh project and copied the original source files in. I wanted to compare any differences but didn't see much obvious. Anyway, after not too much effort it built cleanly under Eclipse mars/Xtext 2.8.

I needed to create a new runtime config as some settings have updated and it's throwing a lot of exceptions when running but at least I've got something to work with.

Previous Topic:Sharing Xtext project at Github, how to do it?
Next Topic:infinite loop in DocumentTokenSource
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:48:27 GMT 2024