Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » jgit fetch LOCK_FAILURE(jgit fetch fails on alternate calls with a lock failure )
jgit fetch LOCK_FAILURE [message #1548033] Mon, 05 January 2015 20:09 Go to next message
Andrew MacGaffey is currently offline Andrew MacGaffeyFriend
I'm using ant-git-tasks with jgit 3.5.1.201410131835-r and jgit-ant of the same version

Calling the fetch command with the jgit API works on alternate tries. The problem manifests itself as a result of type RefUpdate.Result.LOCK_FAILURE. I notice that on alternate calls the .git/remotes/origin/master file is removed and then restored. I assume this change and the failure are related.

Note that a call to the git fetch from the command line for this repo works fine every time. Also, after, a LOCK_FAILURE a call to git fetch results in the missing file being restored.

Any ideas?

I'm new to git so if there's some useful info i have not provided please adivse.
Re: jgit fetch LOCK_FAILURE [message #1550734 is a reply to message #1548033] Wed, 07 January 2015 07:31 Go to previous message
Christian Halstrick is currently offline Christian HalstrickFriend
I have not fully understand your description. What does "... works on alternate tries" mean? Can you elaborate. Maybe with an example?

Ciao
Chris
Previous Topic:Setting up classpath for source control
Next Topic:JGit push with --set-upstream
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:05:53 GMT 2024