Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Class diagram representation
Class diagram representation [message #1547128] Mon, 05 January 2015 08:45 Go to next message
Koen Staal is currently offline Koen StaalFriend
I want to create a class diagram UML style, I think someone must already have tried this and found a solution.

I like to create Node/Container looking like this:
index.php/fa/20353/0/

I am trying this in a driagram with a container showing the childs as a list. It seems not possible to create a separator between for example methods and variables.
I tried creating an extra container and put the childs in there which seems not possible in a list container. I tried giving the types of chils a different background collor which is not possible in a list container as the documentation describes

The temporary solution i have now is giving the different childs a different icon
index.php/fa/20354/0/

Anyone got an idea to get a decent separator in there
Re: Class diagram representation [message #1547185 is a reply to message #1547128] Mon, 05 January 2015 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esteban Dugueperoux is currently offline Esteban DugueperouxFriend
Hi Koen,

There is a Sirius based UML modeler [1] which supports "separator" and
we call that compartiment. This feature is experimental and not final
[2] but you can use it. You can found how UML Designer do that here [3].
To summarize once you have set the layout as list container, you must
open your .odesign with a text editor and replace the value "List" of
childrenPresentation attribute by the value HorizontalStack as it is
done in the UML Designer.

[1]
http://obeonetwork.github.io/UML-Designer/ref-doc/implement-the-application.html#Class_Diagram
[2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=436359
[3]
https://github.com/ObeoNetwork/UML-Designer/blob/master/plugins/org.obeonetwork.dsl.uml2.design/description/uml2.odesign

Best Regards.

Le 05/01/2015 09:45, Koen Staal a écrit :
> I want to create a class diagram UML style, I think someone must already have tried this and found a solution.
>
> I like to create Node/Container looking like this:
>
>
> I am trying this in a driagram with a container showing the childs as a list. It seems not possible to create a separator between for example methods and variables.
> I tried creating an extra container and put the childs in there which seems not possible in a list container. I tried giving the types of chils a different background collor which is not possible in a list container as the documentation describes
>
> The temporary solution i have now is giving the different childs a different icon
>
>
> Anyone got an idea to get a decent separator in there
>

--
Esteban Dugueperoux - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Class diagram representation [message #1551601 is a reply to message #1547185] Wed, 07 January 2015 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Koen Staal is currently offline Koen StaalFriend
Thanks for the response and the uml project
It helps with what i am making, not only with visualizing the class diagram but the project setup as a whole. Could be a nice example in a sticky post.

I tried creating my class diagram and i used some from the uml project but they dont use the verticalstack container in a dynamic situation. The label of their container is always the same, in my situation i dont know how long it will we. I tried solving it with the size/height/width computation expression. I didnt get it to work yet and the tooltip is bit too vague: "return an integer" :/

This is the problem:
index.php/fa/20390/0/

I am using a container with verticalstack child representation (width and height computation -1),
that has a subcontainer as child with list child representation (width and height computation -1),
which has a node (Size computation 3)
index.php/fa/20388/0/

Do you maybe see my error and have more information about computation expression, the documentation is not very clear on this

[Updated on: Thu, 08 January 2015 07:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Class diagram representation [message #1553010 is a reply to message #1551601] Thu, 08 January 2015 12:54 Go to previous message
Esteban Dugueperoux is currently offline Esteban DugueperouxFriend
Hi Koen,

Firstly thank you for your feedback, could you add a comment on [1] and
attach a example to reproduce your issue?
Note that this feature is not yet final.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=436359

Best Regards.

Le 07/01/2015 19:33, Koen Staal a écrit :
> Thanks for the response and the uml project
> It helps with what i am making, not only with visualizing the class diagram but the project setup as a whole. Could be a nice example in a sticky post.
>
> I tried creating my class diagram and i used some from the uml project but they dont use the verticalstack container in a dynamic situation. The label of their container is always the same, in my situation i dont know how long it will we. I tried solving it with the size/height/width computation expression. I didnt get it to work yet and the tooltip is bit too vague: "return an integer" :/
>
> This is the problem:
>
>
> I am using a container with verticalstack child representation (width and height computation -1),
> that has a subcontainer as child with list child representation (width and height computation -1),
> which has a node (Size computation 3)
>
>
> Do you maybe see my error and have more information about computation expression, the documentation is not very clear on this
>

--
Esteban Dugueperoux - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:What is wrong
Next Topic:'container' variable not available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:28:58 GMT 2024