Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Thing and channel information in persistence service(Missing thing and channel information in persistence service, only item's instance is available.)
Thing and channel information in persistence service [message #1538507] Wed, 31 December 2014 11:29 Go to next message
Michael Dave is currently offline Michael DaveFriend
Currently only Item's instance is available in persistence service. If, in case we need the association of the item with the actual device or the channel, currently there is no way to get these info from item's instance.

Is there any work around to do this ?

or, should the persistence service be changed the way it is implemented right now to support such requirement?

My basic need (and I suppose other developers may need this now or later) is to manipulate the persistent data and deliver some reports to the end user. This may help them in decision making.
Re: Thing and channel information in persistence service [message #1540335 is a reply to message #1538507] Thu, 01 January 2015 12:30 Go to previous message
Dennis Nobel is currently offline Dennis NobelFriend
Hi Michael,

as Kai already proposed in the openhab group it is possible to implement it inside the specific Persistence Service without extending the API and without using tags by just using the ItemChannelLinkRegistry. It is an OSGi service, that can be injected. The ItemLinkRegistry tells you which channel is linked to an item. Therefore it has methods like getBoundChannels and also getBoundThings.

But I don´t understand why exactly you need the thing information in a persistence service. Which kind of reports do you have mind? Items represent the logic view on your smart home. Therefore it should not be interesting if the temperature value comes from a z-wave or enocean sensor for example. The important information is the temperature. If the report should contain thing and setup information, I would not use the PersistenceService at all. It is designed for persisting item states.

Regards

Dennis

[Updated on: Thu, 01 January 2015 12:30]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:"ignore" list feature on bindings
Next Topic:Configuration change notification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:35:33 GMT 2024