Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » egit fails to ask for password
egit fails to ask for password [message #1535787] Mon, 29 December 2014 22:58 Go to next message
thorsten meier is currently offline thorsten meierFriend
hi,

just tried to connect a local git repository to a remote with egit.
surprise: it didnt work...

eclipse.buildId=4.4.1.M20140925-0400
java.version=1.7.0_65
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

org.eclipse.egit.ui
Error
Mon Dec 29 23:51:49 CET 2014
Transport Error: Cannot get remote repository refs.

org.eclipse.jgit.errors.UnsupportedCredentialItem: ssh://julius@10.8.33.1:22: org.eclipse.jgit.transport.CredentialItem$StringType:Passphrase for /home/julius/.ssh/id_rsa.xxxxxxx
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.UsernamePasswordCredentialsProvider.get(UsernamePasswordCredentialsProvider.java:118)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.CredentialsProviderUserInfo.promptPassphrase(CredentialsProviderUserInfo.java:98)
	at com.jcraft.jsch.UserAuthPublicKey.start(UserAuthPublicKey.java:119)
	at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:463)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschConfigSessionFactory.getSession(JschConfigSessionFactory.java:116)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.SshTransport.getSession(SshTransport.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh$SshFetchConnection.<init>(TransportGitSsh.java:262)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh.openFetch(TransportGitSsh.java:161)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.api.LsRemoteCommand.execute(LsRemoteCommand.java:202)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.api.LsRemoteCommand.call(LsRemoteCommand.java:159)
	at org.eclipse.egit.core.op.ListRemoteOperation.run(ListRemoteOperation.java:99)
	at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.components.RefSpecPage$3.run(RefSpecPage.java:250)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

ive had so many troubles with egit, now it doesnt even ask for my keys password?
i did download a stable release
Re: egit fails to ask for password [message #1565670 is a reply to message #1535787] Thu, 15 January 2015 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Which version of JGit/EGit are you using ?
Are you using public key authentication or user/password authentication with ssh ?
Re: egit fails to ask for password [message #1582152 is a reply to message #1565670] Sat, 24 January 2015 12:43 Go to previous message
Mark Winterbottom is currently offline Mark WinterbottomFriend
I had exactly the same issue after upgrading to JDK8. I was unable to use my SSH keys to authenticate when pushing or pulling git repos. The solution for me was to uninstall JDK8 and install JDK7.
Previous Topic:Pushing, auth fail
Next Topic:Unable to upgrade Eclipse Luna due to missing repositories
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:49:53 GMT 2024