Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Click OutlineViewButton via Jubula
Click OutlineViewButton via Jubula [message #1535392] Mon, 29 December 2014 17:41 Go to next message
daniele fochetti is currently offline daniele fochettiFriend
Hi all
Has any body an idea how I could manage to click an outline view button via/within Jubula?
I'm not able to map the outline buttons with the Jubula Object Mapping Mode tool.
Is there a way at all? The outline button seems to be rather a link than a button or toolbar item.
TIA
Daniele
Re: Click OutlineViewButton via Jubula [message #1536354 is a reply to message #1535392] Tue, 30 December 2014 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Are you using SWT or Swing (Rayo Look and Feel or Nimbus)?

Even better: to be sure that we are speaking of the same, can you post a small screenshot of the button you try to map?
Re: Click OutlineViewButton via Jubula [message #1536626 is a reply to message #1536354] Tue, 30 December 2014 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daniele fochetti is currently offline daniele fochettiFriend
Hi Jeremie

I'm using SWT. Buttons look like this:
index.php/fa/20331/0/
or see attachment.
Re: Click OutlineViewButton via Jubula [message #1548913 is a reply to message #1536626] Tue, 06 January 2015 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have cross posted your question on the Jubula forum.
Re: Click OutlineViewButton via Jubula [message #1549187 is a reply to message #1548913] Tue, 06 January 2015 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Daniele,

Are the components buttons? If they inherit from SWT Button, then they should be mappable (but I assume they're not Wink ) can you post a snippet of what the component looks like internally? Is it a standard SWT component or from another library / self written?

Thanks!
Alex
Re: Click OutlineViewButton via Jubula [message #1549538 is a reply to message #1549187] Tue, 06 January 2015 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some details on the component:

From a Scout point of view the widget proposed by Daniele is using a SnapBox.

From an SWT point of view the widget is implemented using Nebula collapsiblebuttons (notice that the implementation is not part of the Open-Source Scout). From what I see in the code, the classes involved are:
* org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.collapsiblebuttons.ButtonListenerAdapter
* org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.collapsiblebuttons.CollapsibleButtons
* org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.collapsiblebuttons.CustomButton

Is Jubula capable of detecting those widgets?
Re: Click OutlineViewButton via Jubula [message #1553077 is a reply to message #1549538] Thu, 08 January 2015 13:37 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Here the cross post from the Jubula forum:
Thanks for the additional information Jeremie. I've chatted with the guys here and it should be fairly easy to write an extension for either the individual buttons (easier) or to address the component as a more complex unity (such as a tabbed component, allowing each button to be clicked via its title or index -slightly less easy). The extension manual that is installed with the standalone version and also downloadable from the testing portal [1] provides information on how to write an extension. For assistance with any problems, feel free to write to the rc-dev-list. There's always the option to have the team write an extension for specific components as well - just contact us via the testing portal to start the conversation. At the moment, we don't have support for the nebula widgets in the standalone, though we have written extensions for other users for their specific cases.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Best regards,
Alex
[1] http://testing.bredex.de/sw-doku-downloads.html
Previous Topic:Exception by Export Scout Project
Next Topic:How to update a tree in a tree field?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:04:51 GMT 2024