Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Getting started - make/g++/gcc not found(Cant build Hello world)
Getting started - make/g++/gcc not found [message #1529285] Fri, 26 December 2014 06:48 Go to next message
Carlos Lomeli is currently offline Carlos LomeliFriend
Hi there,
Well I´m a bit new to Eclipse (I used it once before but a long time ago, and I had a someone to guide me) and I´m having some problems with the basics.

I downloaded C++ pack, got the JRE and ran Eclipse, everything was fine until I tried to build a basic hello world code and got the following messages on the Problems Tab:
g++ not found in PATH
gcc not found in PATH
program make not found in PATH

Besides this appeared on the console tab:
make all
Cannot run program "make": Launching failed

Error: Program "make" not found in PATH

I already read a bit and I learnt that make.exe must be in PATH, problem is I don´t know where I am supposed to find make.exe, I suspect this is something really easy to solve, but as I said I´m a bit new with this, I hope you can help me solve it.

Thank You
Re: Getting started - make/g++/gcc not found [message #1529864 is a reply to message #1529285] Fri, 26 December 2014 14:44 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the CDT forum. In the future, any questions that are specific to C/C++ development should go there.
Previous Topic:Cross GCC and Microsoft Visual C++ supposedly available but nowhere to be found
Next Topic:Cross GCC and Microsoft Visual C++ supposedly available but nowhere to be found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:02:10 GMT 2024