Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » "ignore" list feature on bindings(Configurable switch to prevent data received on channels to be sent back to the binding)
"ignore" list feature on bindings [message #1528142] Thu, 25 December 2014 15:04 Go to next message
Karel Goderis is currently offline Karel GoderisFriend
All,

Assume we have

Item test {channel="x:y:z:", channel="a:b:c"}

it would be a great feature to have a configurable switch for the binding that if "x" and "a" would be equal, that an Update or Command received in a given channel would NOT be used to update the other channels if x==a, e.g. id the bindingID of the channels are equal, then updates/commands are not sent to the other channels

Use case: KNX binding, in order to prevent sending back data to the bus that is already received

I am currently implementing by queuing the ItemChannelLink registry, but I think it could be generalised, no? and be added to the ThingManager ( I think)

Or should that be dealt on a channel by channel level rather than at the the binding level?

Karel

Re: "ignore" list feature on bindings [message #1532100 is a reply to message #1528142] Sat, 27 December 2014 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Hm, isn't it enough to have it on a channel level? This is actually already implemented for status updates, see https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/blob/master/bundles/core/org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing/src/main/java/org/eclipse/smarthome/core/thing/internal/ThingManager.java#L185.

There is no proper handling of commands in the ThingManager yet, though, so this is something that needs to be added (I've added an issue for this: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=456226).

Regards,
Kai
Re: "ignore" list feature on bindings [message #1534886 is a reply to message #1532100] Mon, 29 December 2014 11:03 Go to previous message
Karel Goderis is currently offline Karel GoderisFriend
Nope. It should also be possible to have this at the binding level. Even as the channel in question does not receives back the State update, other channels of the same kind (better: connected to the same physical bus) will receive the update, and will possibly put it back on the physical bus. Since it is not always know beforehand how the channels of the same kind are bound to an item, this can lead to weird effects (e.g. sending out a telegram to a read only actor will not have effect, but it could equally be something an actor picks up and reacts upon).

Tx for adding the issue to the list

K
Previous Topic:Channels that can be morphed at runtime
Next Topic:Thing and channel information in persistence service
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:32:38 GMT 2024