Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Customizing Repository Cloning
[CDO] Customizing Repository Cloning [message #1526685] Wed, 24 December 2014 19:05 Go to next message
Gabe Colburn is currently offline Gabe ColburnFriend
I have the following use case in which I'm hoping I can customize the CDO offline cloning process.

1) The CDO repository is housed on an intranet and contains sensitive information.
2) We would like to replicate the repository to a CDO server hosted on the internet but with the sensitive information removed before transmission over the internet.

Ideally there would be some sort of hook where in the synchronization process I can check the object type, and if it contains sensitive information the string attributes will be blanked before transmission over the internet to the remote repository clone.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
Re: [CDO] Customizing Repository Cloning [message #1531264 is a reply to message #1526685] Sat, 27 December 2014 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Gabe,

The synchronization process is orchestrated by an implementation of the interface
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.spi.server.InternalRepositorySynchronizer. The default implementation
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.syncing.RepositorySynchronizer is internal and was not meant to be extended. You can
try, though. There are two places where modeled data is transferred:

1) org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.syncing.RepositorySynchronizer.ReplicateRunnable.run(), which is executed
directly after the start of the clone repository to replicate data that has been committed to the master while the clone
was offline.

2) org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.syncing.RepositorySynchronizer.CommitRunnable.doRun(), which is executed when the
clone's remote session notifies about successful remote commits.

Looking at your scenario again it strikes me that you don't want to customize the clone but rather your inhouse master.
That would mean that you'd need to customize the two peer places that correspond to the ones I listed above. That would be:

1a) org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.Repository.replicateRaw(CDODataOutput, int, long) or
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.Repository.replicate(CDOReplicationContext).

2a) org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.SessionManager.sendCommitNotification(CommitNotificationInfo).

I strongly recommend to treat the clone as a read-only repository in your case with cloned CDORevisions having the same
IDs as their remote equivalents but different content.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Am 24.12.2014 um 20:05 schrieb Gabe Colburn:
> I have the following use case in which I'm hoping I can customize the CDO offline cloning process.
>
> 1) The CDO repository is housed on an intranet and contains sensitive information.
> 2) We would like to replicate the repository to a CDO server hosted on the internet but with the sensitive information
> removed before transmission over the internet.
>
> Ideally there would be some sort of hook where in the synchronization process I can check the object type, and if it
> contains sensitive information the string attributes will be blanked before transmission over the internet to the
> remote repository clone.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks!
Re: [CDO] Customizing Repository Cloning [message #1533506 is a reply to message #1526685] Sun, 28 December 2014 16:21 Go to previous message
Gabe Colburn is currently offline Gabe ColburnFriend
Thanks a ton for your suggestions Eike. The cloned repository will indeed be used read-only. I'll give your suggestions a try now that I know where to get started.

Thanks,
-Gabe
Previous Topic:Is there a known vulnerability with concurrent calls to ResourceSetImpl.add(Resource)?
Next Topic:XCore Annotation Support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 01:49:13 GMT 2017