Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Launch an E4 app without simpleconfigurator
Launch an E4 app without simpleconfigurator [message #1516137] Thu, 18 December 2014 17:33
Sébastien  Gandon is currently offline Sébastien GandonFriend
Dear eclipse users and developers.
We are trying to migrate our app to Eclipse 4.4 (Luna). But we cannot use the generated bundle.info along with the simpleconfigurator bundle, mainly because we build a multi platform app and the generated configurator (using tycho) is targeting a single set of platform/os.

In previous Eclipse we did not have to use the simpleconfigurator to launch all the bundles that are in the plugins folder but I am having not success in defining the config.ini osgi.bundles key in order to launch my app.

Is it even possible? If yes how to do this?

here is the key used in my config to try to resolve org.eclipse.core.runtime
osgi.bundles=org.eclipse.equinox.common@4:start,org.eclipse.core.runtime@4:start,org.eclipse.core.jobs@4,org.eclipse.equinox.registry@4, javax.annotation@4, javax.inject@4, org.eclipse.equinox.preferences@4, org.eclipse.core.contenttype@4, org.eclipse.equinox.app@4

then I have the following error :
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.equinox.app.error.

It seems it does not install (in OSGI terms) all the bundles in the /plugins folder.
Previous Topic:Data Persistence
Next Topic:Some kind of start level issue?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 22:24:14 GMT 2017