Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Using workspace on network volume in Mac OS X Yosemite(config.ini setting to allow use of a workspace on a shared network volume)
icon14.gif  Using workspace on network volume in Mac OS X Yosemite [message #1511038] Sun, 14 December 2014 15:57 Go to next message
Rob Lewis is currently offline Rob LewisFriend
I couldn't get Eclipse Luna to access a workspace on another Mac on my network (both Macs running Yosemite)--even after changing its privileges to let everybody read & write.

The solution was adding this line to the file /Applications/eclipse/configuration/config.ini:

osgi.locking = none

This has been reported elsewhere as regards Active Directory and Open Directory users, but AFAIK hasn't previously been confirmed for Luna and Yosemite on a simple Mac network file sharing setup.

If I understand the issue correctly, turning off locking creates a risk of workspace corruption if two users should simultaneously access the workspace, so beware.
Re: Using workspace on network volume in Mac OS X Yosemite [message #1512389 is a reply to message #1511038] Mon, 15 December 2014 18:07 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Have you searched Eclipse bugzilla to see if this "limitation" has been reported?

And yes, without workspace locking you're taking a big risk of screwing up the workspace, probably even moreso using a workspace on a remote file system that's available to more than one machine.
Previous Topic:recover plugins without reinstall
Next Topic:First few questions...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:18:11 GMT 2024