Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » What the heck is happening(I have no idea, I just keep getting new error messages)
What the heck is happening [message #1507564] Thu, 11 December 2014 18:52
jakob paulsson is currently offline jakob paulssonFriend
So, I've started to try programming now after 3 years because I couldn't even get started because off all the errors I got, even though I followed a bunch off different tutorials and literally copied their code and made sure I followed everything through as I should.

The program I've tried to run looks like this:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
cout << "work please\n";
return 0;
}

So I'm trying again now and everything worked fine until I tried to launch the executable file I created. Some error showed up which I can't even remember. So I closed eclipse and tried to recreate the program. I got my source file and I've set all settings right but the first problem that came after that was "Can't run file because of no binary file". Now that was missing, even though I did everything exactly the same, I've tried repeating atleast 5 times now. I checked, there was no binary file and I tried to press ctrl+b as suggested by literally everyone on the internet.

I restarted again and I got a new error. It said a ; was expected before return (After "work please\n"). It sure was missing, I added it and the error was still there.

I restarted yet again but now I have a new problem. It said that cout is not even an available command anymore, can't remember the exact error message.

I restarted again and got another f**king problem.
"Description Resource Path Location Type
invalid operands of types 'const char*' and 'const char [22]' to binary 'operator<<' sdfsfs.cpp /Test line 7 C/C++ Problem"

Now I'm afraid of restarting the program again because I've got a new error message everytime I've restarted. Can someone explain to me why this is happening? I don't have any viruses or so, I've checked multiple times.
Previous Topic:Can't run program on Eclipse!
Next Topic:Highlight Namespace And Member
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:38:44 GMT 2024