Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Columns merge on exporting to xls format(When I export my report to xls, several columns are merged with blank columns)
Columns merge on exporting to xls format [message #1504491] Tue, 09 December 2014 09:52 Go to next message
Pierre CHANTRET is currently offline Pierre CHANTRETFriend
Good morning,

First thank you for reading this post, I hope to find answers to my problem.

I develop reports with birt for Maximo CMMS. My problem is the following : I have a created a report designed to be exported to XLS format. I simplly used one grid containing one table. When I launch export from Maximo, the output file is OK except that a few blank columns have been added and existing columns have been merged to those blanks columns.

After reading a few forums, the problem might comes from Birt XLS emitter but i can't find out how to change default BIRT emitter (BTW i'm using BIRT 3.7 and Maximo 7.5.0.6). Could someone help me please ?

Thank you in advance,

Pierre
Re: Columns merge on exporting to xls format [message #1518081 is a reply to message #1504491] Fri, 19 December 2014 22:57 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Yeah. This is a feature of the default emitter trying to make the XLS document look like the HTML output.

The current release of BIRT also includes the Spudsoft Excel Emitters to have another option.

You can find the project here: https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/downloads

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:ColumnHints in ODA driver extenstion
Next Topic:BIRT group by count
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:39:17 GMT 2024