Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » how to let outline view change to item according to cursor
how to let outline view change to item according to cursor [message #1504446] Tue, 09 December 2014 09:01 Go to next message
Alex Zheng is currently offline Alex ZhengFriend
In Vim(TagList) and SourceInsight, the function list will dynamically focus on the function name according to where the cursor lies.

That is, when the cursor is in the function A, I want the outline view to jump the function A.
This is very useful when I am in a long function, whose length extends the screen. Then, I can double click the function name and go to the head of the function. This is very important to me to browse code.

How can I do this eclipse CDT?
if yes, could you tell me ?
if no, where can I send my feature request?
Re: how to let outline view change to item according to cursor [message #1504605 is a reply to message #1504446] Tue, 09 December 2014 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
In the Outline View window click on the small triangle in the top right to open the context menu. There you should select "Link with editor".

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: how to let outline view change to item according to cursor [message #1505500 is a reply to message #1504605] Wed, 10 December 2014 05:00 Go to previous message
Alex Zheng is currently offline Alex ZhengFriend
It works!
Thank you very much!

Why does not CDT make this as its default behavior?
I think it is very useful for browsing code.
Previous Topic:Visual Studio Shortcuts
Next Topic:Usage of Global Variables in multiple files and Thread Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:07:23 GMT 2024