Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse 4.4.1 Not seeing changes to custom header file(Changes to saved header file not being picked up in project source files)
icon5.gif  Eclipse 4.4.1 Not seeing changes to custom header file [message #1496184] Tue, 02 December 2014 21:23 Go to next message
Sean Laughter is currently offline Sean LaughterFriend
I have a simple project I'm building the bones of at the moment and this is my first time using Eclipse in nearly a decade so this is probably some stupid issue.

My code in my project is fairly simple thus far (all C++ source files). I have two projects but each shares a common custom header file so I've placed this custom header file in a subfolder in the workspace folder and added this path to both the projects' include search paths list.

The header file defines a few structs and a few defines just to complete some strings. ie. #define datcontrol_shm "/datcontrol_shm" and similar for a few others.

Now when I initially wrote the header file and the initial source code everything was fine, but then I decided to change up the shared memory allocation and made some changes to the header file. I changed the nomenclature for the #defines and the struct names.

However, when I edit the source files to use the changes made to the header file Eclipse complains bitterly because it apparently thinks I've made no changes to the header file - even though it's saved. I've tried refreshing the source and the projects, but nothing is working. I'm getting numerous "Symbol could not be resolved" errors on #defines used in the source that are in the new header file, while similarly if I put old #defines in the source file that are no longer even in the header the errors go away.

How can I make Eclipse realize there has been a change to this header file?

Thanks everyone.
Re: Eclipse 4.4.1 Not seeing changes to custom header file [message #1497175 is a reply to message #1496184] Wed, 03 December 2014 15:57 Go to previous message
Sean Laughter is currently offline Sean LaughterFriend
Aww, seems I needed to Right-Click => Index => Freshen All Files (or maybe Update with Modified Files). That seems to have cleared it up. I'd think such a function would happen with Refresh, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding Refresh.
Previous Topic:CDT headless builds
Next Topic:warnings become errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:54:19 GMT 2024