Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Executable causes error(c executables work within the IDE, c++ executables work only in debug, run causes error)
Executable causes error [message #1492542] Sat, 29 November 2014 23:39 Go to next message
Lason Strike is currently offline Lason StrikeFriend
Eclipse v1.3.2 c/c++
When I try to follow the documentation by using the Hello World executable the c programs work as advertised in 'debug' as well as 'run'. However when I do the same thing with the c++ executable it works only in 'debug', 'run' causes the Windows error box to come up saying "Hello.exe has shut down, report or no report?". When I try to run the c++ executable on the command line I get the same result. I've gone over the MinGW installation twice and am sure I've got everything needed. There are no error messages given by the IDE. The c program runs in the IDE and shows the results on the console. The c++ program does the same when run under 'debug' but not under 'run'. I've set both configurations the same.
Re: Executable causes error [message #1493124 is a reply to message #1492542] Sun, 30 November 2014 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joost Kraaijeveld is currently offline Joost KraaijeveldFriend
On 30-11-14 03:52, Lason Strike wrote:
> Eclipse v1.3.2 c/c++
> When I try to follow the documentation by using the Hello World
> executable the c programs work as advertised in 'debug' as well as
> 'run'. However when I do the same thing with the c++ executable it works
> only in 'debug', 'run' causes the Windows error box to come up saying
> "Hello.exe has shut down, report or no report?". When I try to run the
> c++ executable on the command line I get the same result. I've gone over
> the MinGW installation twice and am sure I've got everything needed.
> There are no error messages given by the IDE. The c program runs in the
> IDE and shows the results on the console. The c++ program does the same
> when run under 'debug' but not under 'run'. I've set both configurations
> the same.

Are there multiple versions of libstdc++.dll on your machine?

Cheers,

Joost
Re: Executable causes error [message #1493667 is a reply to message #1493124] Sun, 30 November 2014 22:26 Go to previous message
Lason Strike is currently offline Lason StrikeFriend
Thank you for your reply.

Not as such. That is, I have none named libstdc++.dll on the machine. However, there are multiple copies of libstdc++-6.dll, one of which came with the MinGw installation and is in C:\mingw\bin .

The rest seem to have been provided with certain application programs and reside either in documents or in a dedicated directory. c:\mingw\bin is in the path. All the copies are the same size. Would this cause the problem?

When I use the command line version of c++ from mingw to compile the same file, the results are the same.
Previous Topic:CDT Parser stand-alone - What is the best strategy for autocomplete ?!
Next Topic:how to register a project template with CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:08:16 GMT 2024