Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Downloading/Installing Code Recommenders without Eclipse Marketplace(Downloading/Installing Code Recommenders without Eclipse Marketplace)
Downloading/Installing Code Recommenders without Eclipse Marketplace [message #1488513] Wed, 26 November 2014 17:27 Go to next message
David Hooley is currently offline David HooleyFriend
Hello any particular people, I'm David and I'm new to java. Trying to learn this new skillset to invest in my future.
I have begun following this online beginners java tutorial and so far I have gotten the JDK and Eclipse up and running.
My first snag is Code Recommenders, since I have no net access on my PC I download files and transfer them to my PC via my android phone.
So this means no downloading Code Recommenders from the Eclipse Marketplace.
I found the manual download repository for Code Recommenders and want to download what it says is the latest stable release, v. 2.1.0
Tapping on v. 2.1.0 yields something like this..

features/
plugins/
artifacts.jar
content.jar
index.php

Features and plugins open up into many more individual files to download

The question is: Which files should I download and where on my PC should I put them? In a particular Eclipse file folder right?

Thank you for reading my always long-winded questions,

David
Re: Downloading/Installing Code Recommenders without Eclipse Marketplace [message #1490608 is a reply to message #1488513] Fri, 28 November 2014 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Dorn is currently offline Johannes DornFriend
Hi David,

great to see your interest in Java and Code Recommenders.

Unfortunately, most of the Code Recommenders functionality requires you to have an internet connection available at least once after the installation, since it downloads its recommendation models on demand. They are too large and numerous to include in the installation. Read on if you still want to continue.

From which URL do you want to download?
Note, that the most current version of Code Recommenders is 2.1.10, not 2.1.0.

You need to download every file and folder from the download repository (which is called an update site), except for index.php.

Put them all into any folder on your harddrive and keep the names and relative locations intact. To install from there, open your Eclipse and go to Help > Install New Software. Select "Add", then "Local" and choose the folder you downloaded the files into. Press OK. You can now install Code Recommenders features.

Let me know if you have any trouble.
Re: Downloading/Installing Code Recommenders without Eclipse Marketplace [message #1491043 is a reply to message #1490608] Fri, 28 November 2014 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hooley is currently offline David HooleyFriend
Wow. Thank you. The 2.1.0 was a typing error. I really appreciate responses on forums. It may take a while but I'll download them all individually and that will probably be enough for my beginning.

Again thank you person, you deserve a karma point.
Re: Downloading/Installing Code Recommenders without Eclipse Marketplace [message #1506126 is a reply to message #1491043] Wed, 10 December 2014 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jawann jefferson is currently offline jawann jeffersonFriend
Hi, I was having the same issue as the guy who posted. I followed your directions but when i chose the recommenders folder and hit ok it came back to the install screen and stated "There are no categorized items and the finish button is inactive. Any suggestions on where to go from here?
Re: Downloading/Installing Code Recommenders without Eclipse Marketplace [message #1506370 is a reply to message #1506126] Wed, 10 December 2014 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Dorn is currently offline Johannes DornFriend
You probably either downloaded the something else, or selected the wrong subfolder. The folder to select should have files and folders like the following inside

features/
plugins/
artifacts.jar
content.jar
Re: Downloading/Installing Code Recommenders without Eclipse Marketplace [message #1506432 is a reply to message #1506370] Wed, 10 December 2014 21:23 Go to previous message
jawann jefferson is currently offline jawann jeffersonFriend
This is the folder i am choosing. I downloaded the zip and extracted it. Is it the right folder or do i need a different one?
Previous Topic:Unable to write to repository
Next Topic:How do I search for files that contain multiple query strings?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:22:21 GMT 2024