Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to get cursor into source code in web editor
How to get cursor into source code in web editor [message #1487444] Tue, 25 November 2014 21:31 Go to next message
Matthew King is currently offline Matthew KingFriend
Hello,

I am blind and using JAWS screen reader. When I choose a file from the project navigator by pressing shift+f10, choosing open with, and then choosing web editor, the focus goes to some undefined place. I am having a very difficult time figuring out how to get the caret into the source code for the html page. Sometimes, I can press ctrl+l, enter, and then tab and it gets to the first line. But, it is not consistent. Sometimes, I must first press ctrl+f5, go to web preview, then ctrl+f5, then ctrl+l, enter, then tab. If that fails, I close with ctrl+f4 and try again.

I found a key assignment for a command labeled as "source code" and assigned to ctrl+shift+f12. It is supposed to work in the web editor context. I can never get it to do anything. What is that command supposed to do? How can I get the caret into the source easily?

I used Eclipse heavily a few years ago for java dev. I loved working in Eclipse because it worked so well with the keyboard and a screen reader. Most of it still works. But, I am really struggling with some of the web platform features.

Many thanks,
Matt King
Re: How to get cursor into source code in web editor [message #1488375 is a reply to message #1487444] Wed, 26 November 2014 14:53 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Matt,
What kind of file are you opening when this happens? Which package of Eclipse are you using (IDE for Java Developers, IDE for JEE Developers, etc)? Can you tell what editor it is being opened in?
Previous Topic:Getting rights to edit wiki-page
Next Topic:eclipse-dark and Ambiance-dark - how to change background color of current line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:25:01 GMT 2024