Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Easiest way to debug an AUTAgent?
Easiest way to debug an AUTAgent? [message #1478237] Tue, 18 November 2014 14:05 Go to next message
Dave Ball is currently offline Dave BallFriend
I'm having trouble getting the HTML agent to behave as I need (see this), so I'd like to debug and try to get this working for my app.

I thought the easiest way to debug this would be debuging app.uatagent containing my modified som.bredexsw.jubula.rc.html. However I've just noticed that the AUTServer execs another process for the actual AUTAgent.

Is there a simpler way to start/debug the AUTAgent itself? And then attach a jubula instance to run some test steps?

Many thanks,
Dave

ps - would this be more appropriate on the dev mailing list?
Re: Easiest way to debug an AUTAgent? [message #1478367 is a reply to message #1478237] Tue, 18 November 2014 16:23 Go to previous message
Dave Ball is currently offline Dave BallFriend
For anyone else that is trying this (or for me when I next forget) you can launch e.g. com.bredexsw.jubula.rc.html.WebAUTServer directly, with 8 appropriate arguments. So if Jubula is connected to the integrated AUT agent, something like the following:

h t t p s://localhost:8080/
*firefox
AUT
localhost
my_aut_ID
id
true

For com.bredexsw.jubula.rc.html, I needed to do some minor gymnastics to get the /lib/gen-js/ munged javascript accessible as a classpath resource.

Dave
Previous Topic:com.bredexsw.jubula.rc.html.web source?
Next Topic:possible to define / use conditions?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:11:03 GMT 2024