Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Eclipse Smarthome runtime not building(Eclipse Smarthome runtime )
Eclipse Smarthome runtime not building [message #1474580] Sat, 15 November 2014 14:47 Go to next message
billy sneddon is currently offline billy sneddonFriend
Hi all,
I am new to Eclipse Smart home and have followed the ide setup guide. i have set the maven opts and run mvn clean install. it says the build was a success. However, there is no eclipsesmarthome-incubation-0.x.0-runtime.zip in the target folder only 4 eclipse smart home designer zip files. Am i doing something wrong?? how do i get the eclipsesmarthome-incubation-0.x.0-runtime.zip to appear in the target folder???
Many thanks
Billy
Re: Eclipse Smarthome runtime not building [message #1475014 is a reply to message #1474580] Sat, 15 November 2014 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Where did you read that there should be a runtime.zip available? This indeed does not exist. Eclipse SmartHome being a framework, the main artefact is a p2 repository containing the OSGi bundles.
From what you have told me, I would think that openHAB 2 is what you are looking for - a ready open source smart home solution and not just a framework. You will find some documentation about how to get started with implementing a binding for it at https://github.com/openhab/openhab2/blob/master/docs/sources/development/bindings.md.

Regards,
Kai
Re: Eclipse Smarthome runtime not building [message #1489463 is a reply to message #1475014] Thu, 27 November 2014 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
billy sneddon is currently offline billy sneddonFriend
Hi Kai, thanks for the reply.
I was following the instructions here wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseSmartHome/Development/Build. i have successfully completed all the steps up to the build with maven step. i was moving on to the next step: starting the demo runtime. and it says: unzip the file eclipsesmarthome-incubation-0.x.0-runtime.zip to a local folder. Not sure if im supposed to download this or if its being generated with the maven build. i have done a search for the demo runtime but cant find it. any help is on this is much appreciated
Man thanks
Billy
Re: Eclipse Smarthome runtime not building [message #1490548 is a reply to message #1489463] Fri, 28 November 2014 08:27 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Thanks for noticing, Billy. This was indeed an outdated piece of documentation that I have just updated now. So indeed, we do not provide a binary package to use in Eclipse SmartHome - you can only launch it from within your IDE. If you are looking for a usable packaged runtime, better go for openHAB 2 as an example.
Previous Topic:Logic of having "Channels:" in .things DSL
Next Topic:Thing compareTo()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:30:40 GMT 2024