Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Audit Trail Database Schema in Production(Mysql Database schema for Stardust in Production)
Audit Trail Database Schema in Production [message #1471863] Thu, 13 November 2014 11:58 Go to next message
Shuchi Gupta is currently offline Shuchi GuptaFriend
Hi,

I am trying to setup a MySql database as an audit trail database for running Stardust in remote usage in Production. I thought Stardust would have its own database schema and tables which it uses to run the processes. But the documentation http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.stardust.docs.deployment%2Fhtml%2Fdeploymentconcepts%2Ftoc.html does not specify a schema or DDL.

Can I leave the schema blank like in the case of derby or I have to necessarily give a custom schema? Can anyone provide me pointers to giving a custom schema?

Please help!

Thanks,
Shuchi
Re: Audit Trail Database Schema in Production [message #1471874 is a reply to message #1471863] Thu, 13 November 2014 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajkumar Dangi is currently offline Rajkumar DangiFriend
Hi Shuchi,

You need to setup audiTrail database. Please refer below link which descibes setup steps for MySql:
http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.deployment/html/audittraildatabasesetup/mysql.html?cp=60_7_7_2_5

-Thanks,
RajKumar
Re: Audit Trail Database Schema in Production [message #1472158 is a reply to message #1471874] Thu, 13 November 2014 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Rajkumar,

The below sysconsole command mentions <dbschema> to be specified by the user:

sysconsole -v -r <jdbcDriver> -dbtype MYSQL -dbschema <dbschema> -l jdbc:mysql://<host>:<port>/<dbName> -d <user> -s <password> createschema

What should I give for this field?

Thanks,
Shuchi
Re: Audit Trail Database Schema in Production [message #1472181 is a reply to message #1472158] Thu, 13 November 2014 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Hendrik Scheufen is currently offline Jan Hendrik ScheufenFriend

Hi,

the -dbschema is an optional parameter. If you leave it out, the tables will be created under the user that is used for the authentication to the database.

Note also that there is another command which allows you to write the SQL commands to create the schema into a file.

sysconsole -dbType MYSQL ddl -file mysql-schema.sql

It requires less parameters, because it's not talking directly to the DB. You can take the resulting file and use it spool it into the mysql client yourself ... in case this seems easier to you.

Regards,

Jan
Re: Audit Trail Database Schema in Production [message #1472995 is a reply to message #1472181] Fri, 14 November 2014 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jan,

I am running the following command:

sysconsole.sh -v -r com.mysql.jdbc.Driver -dbtype MYSQL -l jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/vendor_scaling_workflow?user=root&password=123&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8 -d root -s 123 createschema

As per your suggestion, I have ommitted dbschema. For running this command, I have set the variables CARNOT_HOME to $MY_WORKSPACE/sysconsole directory, CARNOT_WORK to $MY_WORKSPACE/sysconsole/etc and CARNOT_CLASSPATH to $MY_WORKSPACE/sysconsole/lib. I have also copied the Mysql connector jar to the lib directory. Now when I am running the above command, I am getting the following error:

Error: Could not find or load main class org.eclipse.stardust.engine.cli.sysconsole.Main

Is there something else that I have to set?

Thanks,
Shuchi
Re: Audit Trail Database Schema in Production [message #1475753 is a reply to message #1472995] Sun, 16 November 2014 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was able to resolve the issue. Main-Class field was not set in the manifest of org.eclipse.stardust.engine.cli.sysconsole package, I created a manifest.txt and set the Main-Class field inside it, it is working now Smile
Re: Audit Trail Database Schema in Production [message #1476440 is a reply to message #1475753] Mon, 17 November 2014 04:17 Go to previous message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

I created https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=451784
to make this easier in the future.

Previous Topic:Stardust 1.0 to 2.0.1 upgrade
Next Topic:Not able to access the Infinity artifactory to download archetype
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:16:27 GMT 2024