Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Help with profiles
Help with profiles [message #1464503] Fri, 07 November 2014 16:31 Go to next message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
I made a use case and I want to change the default actor icon into a graphic icon of my choosing.

I followed this guide
https://www.eclipse.org/papyrus/usersTutorials/resources/PapyrusUserGuideSeries_AboutUMLProfile_v1.0.0_d20120606.pdf

and created a profile model inside my project, added a new stereotype that extends the Actor and Device metaclasses and set the image kind to shape. My graphic is displayed in the Content area of the Edit Image dialog.

Again following the guide, I imported my profile into my UML model and applied my new stereotype to an actor. My new stereotype is shown in text inside guillemets above the stick figure icon but I cannot get it to change the stick figure to my graphic. Changing the Stereotype display from Text to Shape in the Appearance tab of the actor has no effect and in fact as soon as I click on the background in my use case diagram, Shape reverts back to Text.

First of all, am I trying to do something that is not possible.
If it is possible, I would appreciate some assistance in getting this to work.

Validation of both the profile and the model show no problems.

I discovered that is I change the image Kind from shape to icon in the profile, then clicking on the actor name in the use case displayed in graphic in the properties window.

This is version 1.0.1.v201409170932 running on Windows 7.

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Help with profiles [message #1464511 is a reply to message #1464503] Fri, 07 November 2014 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Stephen,

(Almost) complete shape/symbol support is planned for Papyrus 1.1 (Eclipse Mars) in June 2015. Currently, only elements with a simple representation ("Rectangles with compartments", such as Classes, Components, Parts...) are supported. There is work in progress to bring full customization support to (almost) all elements.

UseCase Actors are currently not supported

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Help with profiles [message #1464577 is a reply to message #1464511] Fri, 07 November 2014 18:04 Go to previous message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
Aha!
Thanks for clearing that up for me Camille.

Steve
Previous Topic:No Model Explorer Window
Next Topic:Custom palette association: init member ends name (empty) and show only if filled by the modeler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 08 05:56:36 GMT 2020