Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How to Upgrade a 2.x plugin to a 4.x plugin?
How to Upgrade a 2.x plugin to a 4.x plugin? [message #1463368] Thu, 06 November 2014 13:58 Go to next message
Kane Bonnette is currently offline Kane BonnetteFriend
The long post with pretty pictures is on SO, but apparently I cannot link to it as I have fewer than 5 messages.

Shorter version: I'm updating a 2.x plugin (someone else wrote it, and I don't have access to that person) to 4.x. When I use the Luna Plug-in developer and choose "Run As -> Eclipse Application", it works fine. When I choose "Export -> Deployable Plugins and Fragments" and put the plugin in the dropins folder, it doesn't work. I got the "Unable to acquire PluginConverter service during generation" message, indicating it's a 2.x plugin. I tried running the "Organize Manifests Wizard", which changed a lot but did not fix my problem. I tried installing the "2.x Eclipse Plugin support" plugin, which makes the error message go away, but doesn't fix my issue.

Any ideas?
Re: How to Upgrade a 2.x plugin to a 4.x plugin? [message #1464357 is a reply to message #1463368] Fri, 07 November 2014 13:09 Go to previous message
Kane Bonnette is currently offline Kane BonnetteFriend
Quick update: since I imagine they would be useful, the plugin.xml and the manifest.mf can be found at pastebin under the URLs 0PzXs7w4 and d7b66tV3, respectively.
Previous Topic:Hotswap
Next Topic:JavaScript in View/Popup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:12:37 GMT 2024