Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Custom Bulk Resource File Filter(How can I create a large specific file based resource filter)
Custom Bulk Resource File Filter [message #1461678] Tue, 04 November 2014 20:45
Peter Clark is currently offline Peter ClarkFriend
I know about the, Properties->Resource->Resource Filters

Now, how can I created a specific list of filenames to filter on. I am talking about 30,000+ files. So what I guess I am looking for here is some command line I can pass into the eclipse call with a filename of the list of files.

Or is there a plug-in that will do this. And if there is no plug-in, how do I go about creating one (or does this go completely against Eclipse design).

Is there some project file I can manipulate to only include this list of files.

To give you some idea what I am trying to accomplish here, our directory structure looks a little like this (this has been around for 10+ years so it is not changing, don't look at me, I didn't create it):

build/project1
build/project2
( 30+ projects)
sw/module1
sw/module2
(100+ modules)

Each one of the projects uses different modules from the sw directory. A lot of modules are shared between the projects. Now, if I just give Eclipse the "Source Location" of "sw", it will index all the modules. Problem is, I only want to look at code that is part of one build (project). BTW, we do not use auto generated make files. We use standard GNU makefiles.

Luckily, are projects are built with symbol information so hence it is possible to get a list of all the files that went into a build. Problem is, how do I get that list into Eclipse?

If a have to create my own plug-in for this, what documentation should I be looking at? What java classes can provide me with the functionality I need?

Is there a better suited IDE for this?
Previous Topic:Someone please explain "Index source files not included in the build"
Next Topic:my function proposals
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:10:41 GMT 2024