Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » [HELP] Setting an initial environment once and executing a test suite afterwards
[HELP] Setting an initial environment once and executing a test suite afterwards [message #1460430] Mon, 03 November 2014 15:02 Go to next message
Martin Cousido is currently offline Martin CousidoFriend
Hi,
I'm trying to set up an environment before running a test suite. In the test I'm using a supercontext, but I need the environment set up before the test runs with each of the contexts. I tried using a workspace configuration in the project settings but it executes every time the context changes, I need something like that but only once and at the beginning.
Thank you in advance,
Martin
Re: [HELP] Setting an initial environment once and executing a test suite afterwards [message #1460481 is a reply to message #1460430] Mon, 03 November 2014 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulyana Skorokhodova is currently offline Ulyana SkorokhodovaFriend
Hi Martin,

RCPTT uses the concept of contexts - they setup an AUT each time for each test and makes them totally undependable from each other: they can be executed in a random order and do not affect each other.

Default contexts in a project settings are applied for every test in a Project.

However, you may try to use the following workaround:
1) Create a test case with a context(s) which set up an environment;
2) Create a test suite and put this test as a first test;
3) Add all the other tests to the suite (please, see how to make a test suite orderable).

Please, let us know if it was helpful.

Yours sincerely,
Ulyana.
Re: [HELP] Setting an initial environment once and executing a test suite afterwards [message #1460551 is a reply to message #1460481] Mon, 03 November 2014 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulyana, that's what I'm looking for, but I can't see the move up and down buttons after following the instructions on the faq page.
I need this kind of behaviour because I have a lot of tests with supercontexts and they are really time-consuming because of the initial creation of the project, so I want to extract that and do it just one time and then in each test set an initial xml (as the application relays on an xml file), which will improve the performance significantly.
Re: [HELP] Setting an initial environment once and executing a test suite afterwards [message #1460869 is a reply to message #1460551] Tue, 04 November 2014 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin,

Did you add -Dorg.eclipse.rcptt.legacy.testSuite.manualOrdering=true line after -vmargs in rcptt.ini file?
You need to restart RCPTT IDE to make Move Up/Move Down buttons visible.

Yours sincerely,
Ulyana.
Re: [HELP] Setting an initial environment once and executing a test suite afterwards [message #1461320 is a reply to message #1460869] Tue, 04 November 2014 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I've already done that, but the buttons don't appear
Re: [HELP] Setting an initial environment once and executing a test suite afterwards [message #1461971 is a reply to message #1461320] Wed, 05 November 2014 04:26 Go to previous message
Hi Martin,

Could you please send me both rcptt.ini and <testSuite>.suite files?
You can email at ulyana.skorokhodova@xored.com.

Yours sincerely,
Ulyana.
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] How to make if statement if window exists?
Next Topic:[SOLVED]How get a message box for a click on a button?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:53:45 GMT 2024