Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Edapt] URI Changes in release, how to manage it for multiple models ?
[Edapt] URI Changes in release, how to manage it for multiple models ? [message #1460337] Mon, 03 November 2014 13:08 Go to next message
Olivier Prouvost is currently offline Olivier ProuvostFriend

Hi,

I have got 2 metamodels (MA uses MB), and I would like to migrate a model of A.

I registered my first release (MA 2.0, MB 1.0) and then I changed my meta model(s) and want to create a new release (MA 2.1 and MB 1.1).

The dialog to create a release asked me for 2 labels : 'label to match' and 'label to replace with'. In my sample I expected to have : label to match (2.0) and label to replace with (2.1) but I had label to match (2.1)... This is a strange default value. What means exactly these 2 labels ? It would be may be better to enter/select the URI we want to match or to obtain rather than an ending string extracted from the end of URIs.. ?

Could you explain me what these 2 labels mean ?

Anyway, I think this dialog is useless in my specific case because I must change URIs for the 2 metamodels and obtain a new migrated model with 2 new URIs. I guess I must uncheck the box 'updates names URIs' while I changed them in my history. Am i right ?

I joined a screenshot of the history and the release dialog.

• Attachment: uriModels.png
    (Size: 357.42KB, Downloaded 125 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 03 November 2014 13:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Edapt] URI Changes in release how to manage it for multiple models ? [message #1463420 is a reply to message #1460337] Thu, 06 November 2014 14:49 Go to previous message
Maximilian Koegel is currently offline Maximilian KoegelFriend
Hi,

'label to match' is the revision number of the previous release and
'label to replace with' is the revision number of the current release
(which you trying to release). Why Edapt proposes 2.1 I am not sure, I
suspect a bug since your uri also contains 2.1, could you please verify
that this is the reason and open a bugzilla if it is the case. Thanks!
Concerning the two metamodels: You can only have one joint history for
any number of metamodels since an instance must conform to a fixed set
of versioned metamodels. Therefore on URI (of the base Ecore) is enough
to identify the correct (joined) metamodel version.
Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Maximilian

Am 03.11.2014 14:08, schrieb Olivier Prouvost:
> Hi,
>
> I have got 2 metamodels (MA uses MB), and I would like to migrate a model of A.
>
> I registered my first release (MA 2.0, MB 1.0) and then I changed my meta model(s) and want to create a new release (MA 2.1 and MB 1.1).
>
> The dialog to create a release asked me for 2 labels : 'label to match' and 'label to replace with'. In my sample I expected to have : label to match (2.0) and label to replace with (2.1) but I had label to match (2.1)... This is a strange default value. What means exactly these 2 labels ? It would be may be better to enter/select the URI we want to match or to obtain rather than an ending string extracted from the end of URIs.. ?
>
> Could you explain me what these 2 labels mean ?
>
> Anyway, I think this dialog is useless in my specific case because I must change URIs for the 2 metamodels and obtain a new migrated model with 2 new URIs. I guess I must uncheck the box 'updates names URIs' while I changed them in my history. Am i right ?
>
> I joined a screenshot of the history and the release dialog.
>
>

--
Maximilian Kögel

Get Professional Eclipse Support: http://eclipsesource.com/munich
Previous Topic:[EMFSTORE]Error runing EMFStrore Server
Next Topic:[EMF Store] EMF Model and discrepancy tolerance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:34:36 GMT 2024