Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Can't find orm.xml in <jar-file>
Can't find orm.xml in <jar-file> [message #1457912] Fri, 31 October 2014 21:13 Go to next message
Paul Benedict is currently offline Paul BenedictFriend
Spec section 8.2.1.6.2 says: "An object/relational mapping XML file named orm.xml may be specified in the META-INF directory in the root of the persistence unit or in the META-INF directory of any jar file referenced by the persistence.xml."

So If I reference a.jar in <jar-file> and a.jar has META-INF/orm.xml, that should be loaded. However, I don't see this happening.

PS: If Eclipselink is not finding the jar, it's not erring about that when loading the configuration. Just to test my theory, I specified a non-existent jar and there was no error.... So, I think that's a bug.

But regarding my main issue, can anyone confirm Eclipselink will load orm.xml in referenced jars?

[Updated on: Fri, 31 October 2014 21:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't find orm.xml in <jar-file> [message #1460524 is a reply to message #1457912] Mon, 03 November 2014 16:58 Go to previous message
Rick Curtis is currently offline Rick CurtisFriend
Paul Benedict wrote on Fri, 31 October 2014 21:13

But regarding my main issue, can anyone confirm Eclipselink will load orm.xml in referenced jars?

I can't confirm that it works, but it should.

Have you confirmed that EclipseLink is finding your jar file? Perhaps you could move your Entities to the jar and see if they are found?
Previous Topic:POJO persistance and discrepancy tolerance
Next Topic:Possible bug retrieving single Boolean column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:13:21 GMT 2024